Still need to blog whilst waiting for hair to dry, can't really sleep, though I need to wake up at 8am later *rawr*
To summarize, it was hot (in the day, up the waterfalls), cold (in the night, watching the stars), wet (in the night, in the flooded tents whilst it poured heavily outside) and dry (pre- and post-trip).
Cooked under the tent (comm. tent with the new flysheet design is good!) and the food was well-received (except for the veg, which I shld've cooked with noodles). So it seems like the icetreasure box of goodies helped boost morale.
Managed to watch nice stars, and lie on our backs on that piece of wonderful rock. Starry starry nite, indeed. Had special drinks to celebrate TQ and LY's combined bday. The brownies which went up, were in perfect condition. The apple candle too! So all in all, it was great. But the card was half-written, disrupted by the rain.
Nevertheless, we had fun in the night, the committee, the 3 girls and Wai Keung. It was really great being with people you know well, and being in the company of them. Warm feeling, plus...I just think it was a great night. Too bad, not much conversation, but I just liked the feeling of closeness and enjoyment.
Return bus journey from Kuantan to Larkin was pathetic. Waited for 1.5 hrs for the bus, and a stand-in coach came instead as the bus had broke down (apparently). Managed to reach Larkin at 2310hrs, and reached SG at about 2345hrs.
Had to deal with a participant who drank a bit too much o_O" en route home. Moral of the story: Don't try to finish a bottle of whiskey yourself, unless u already did it before. And even if you did, have the decency to tell the committee people.
On another note, lilies at Kuantan are nice! Esp. the fresh ones. Gives the nice smell of fresh flowers. And they're cheap! Can consider buying from there if you've got any gifts requiring flowers (or anywhere in M'sia la)
I think I should sleep now. like SERIOUSLY.
Nites all.
Current Mood:
Tired
Posted In:
Outta the red dot
,
Rovers
.
By Zεηιτħ
0 Responses to
Something to say?