Posted In:
Outta the red dot
,
Rovers
.
By Zεηιτħ

Back to reporting on Berkelah trip. A wonderful trip with nice stars, but a little dampened by the pouring rain and flood (well for the participants I guess). It seems like every Berkelah trip will definitely have a "stunt" appearing...ours was the long 1.5hrs wait for the bus on the return journey and the rain on 2nd night.
Going up with TQ and LY was simply wonderful. 3 trips together. And you already know each other more or less. This is the most number of trips within such a short period of time I've been with any person.
Joining us were our 3 hyperactive gers: Geok, Tze, Yings. Wrapping up the core of the team were HH and LG.
Trekking up and down Berke wasn't tough. The waters were nice and cool, and playing at the first waterfall, I nearly got dragged down by the plunge pool current. It was then that I realised I was tired. Well, physically I guess.
Took a cautious attitude when at the 3rd waterfall. But swimming in the bigger pool was much better and seemed safer. Indeed, it was. We had the luxury of suntanning and taking many many pictures with the gigantic waterfall!
Bathing at the campsite was great! Found a mini-jacuzzi for myself and managed to soak myself inside there. Went back in attempt to cook dinner, but realised that we did not bring a burner! Committee come out with pattern again. Literally.
Managed to whip up decent amounts of food (noodles) before hiding in our tents, and played bridge 'cos LG decided to sleep. When LG awoke, HH took the chance to sleep at the higher ground, and I went to cook outside the tent under the rain cover. Managed to whip out the Terriyaki Chicken together with a mess-tin worth of noodles. Simply delicious!
Next up was the chicken poppers I had brought. All at one go, and it barely fitted onto the frying pan. But managed to cook all to a crisp golden brown colour, and proceeded to cook the vegetables and then the finale - Tang Yuan!
The last dish was eaten up super fast. Wow.
After dinner, celebrated TQ and LY bday at the rock nearby, with an apple-scented candle and 3 pieces of Famous Amos brownies. (Surprisingly they werent crushed! Wow!)
Then it was sitting, chatting and drinking. Yeap. Brought up beer and alcohol. And we laid down after that to look at the stars. Missed the shooting star, but I thought I saw another. Oh wells. Made a wish anyway.
The nite was cold, but nice. Windy, but tahan-able. Wonderful with the company indeed.
A feeling of loss and apprehension swept through me the next day when we broke camp. The idea of going home, was simply brought back to reality. Guess it's just outdoors. On being outdoors, u'd enjoy a really idyllic lifestyle. One which just allows you to relax and rest your body and soul.
Had lunch at A&Ws (they should have it back in SG!), and the market nearby was pretty interesting! Not to mention the flower shops. Yings wanted a lily, so I got her one, and it was pretty big too! Haha.
And the rest, is history.
Current Music: BoA - Lights of Seoul
2 Responses to
thanx 4 e lovely burfdae surprise!it wuz reallie sweet of u...*hugz*
Heys lai! Thanks...no problem ;)
~yao
Something to say?