What a 'great' day...ugh...-sigh-
First, it rained heavily in the morning. What a GREAT way to cheer u up, esp on a sat morning...hrhr
Hitched a ride on my Captain's car from the camp complex to the Buona Vista MRT, and realised soon after the car had vrooom-ed off that my handphone had dropped outta my pants pocket and was most probably left on the backseat of the car...Jason helped by calling him, but no answer 'cos he din have hands-free set and therefore...dun dun dun dunnnn -.-
So rushed back home, called my Captain, and phew! It was really there...though he lived @ Jurong East and I'm goin there later, he was gonna go downtown. Basically he would be quite busy this weekend, so I'm onli gonna have my hp back on Monday >.<
Ahh...when I left home to go to Jurong East, saw policemen at the void deck of my block. o.0' Not quite sure what had exactly happened, but from what I saw, a female had her eyes wide open and juz sat there...still...(talk about eerie...it was 1.45pm then o.0') From the look of things, it seems like she could be in shock, or juz died...? I'm not sure, hope that something comes up in the papers tomolo...
Hmm today watched the movie "A Time For Dancing" @ Jurong Cinema, 'cos only Shaw Brothers have this show running in their cinemas, and only 3 --- Lido, Jurong and Balestier. Since my friend, Grace was @ NUS, so we decided to meet there 'cos she had to go home (Malaysia).
I had watched the trailer for "A Time For Dancing", and I expected quite a good performance. Indeed I was, and the whole movie, to put in a word, was AWESOME. Talk about artistic dance scenes, a true-life account, and something which touches your heart...This movie has it all. Though it aint publicised widely, I believe this movie sure has potential for more, considering that it was inspired by great movies like 'FlashDance', 'Dirty Dancing' & 'A Walk To Remember'.
------------------------------------------------------
:Spoilers:
...A Short Movie Synopsis...
So what is this movie about? This movie talks about the life of 2 friends, Jules and Sam, who are both dancers. Whereas Jules is an accomplished dancer awaiting entry into the renowed Juilliard University, Sam is her good friend (since 6), who tries so much to be like her.
Alas, Jules' ambition to become a famous dancer is dashed when her hip problem turns out to be a type of cancer, and the doctor tells her that being at Stage IV of growth, there is little chance of recovery. She undergoes chemotherapy, and day by day her health deteoriates.
Meanwhile, Sam finds a new boyfriend, and tries to improve her relationship with her mother. She is the one cheering Jules on, to keep fighting on. Also, she realises her potential to become a great dancer, and dances with passion, finally.
The day comes for Jules to undertake the selection test, and she performs wonderfully, even though she had stopped her chemotheraphy treatment, knowing full well that she won't live long. She also promises Sam that she'll always be with her no matter what.
When the letter from the University comes stating that Jules is accepted as a student, Jules had already passed away (Narrated by Sam). And, Sam finally gets to the selection test of Juilliard University, which I think of it as 'fulfilling' her friend's wish to get in.
MovieBite: u know that Jules calles Sam 'bubu'? ROTFL!
------------------------------------------------------
No matter how good the movie was, today was a nad day....-s.i.g.h-
Moral of the Story: Check your stuff before saying 'bye' to your friend's cars which you had alighted from.
Current Mood:
Sad
Current Music: Sad music anyone?
0 Responses to
Something to say?