Arsenal 5, Man Utd 4

I'm happy..haha.

Man Utd really damn suay tonight man. Missing so many golden chances...the offside (which was interestingly updated 1-0 even before the ref blew for offside), Rooney's shot which hit the post with Lehman beaten, RVN's header which hit Ljunberg's head, RVN's header skyward instead of downward.

So many, yet...no goals. Could have been 3-0 up, yet...cannot.

Pulsating match indeed. Although I support neither team, I'm glad Arsenal won instead of Man Utd, despite the fact that Arsenal were consistently under-performing as compared to Man Utd. They lacked bite, they lacked hunger, they lacked fluid, they lacked the penetration.

Bergkamp couldn't do much with the little chances he got, and even though Reyes was a livewire in the side, there were few and far chances.

All the way till extra time, I think Ljunberg's miscued shot and Van Persie's delightful freekick were probably the chances Arsenal had.

And to think it had to be decided by penalties. Interesting, and ironic that the better team had to lose.

Oh yea, Man Utd's first 4 penalty-takers all shot (to the player's) left, but only Keane shot right. Lehman managed to keep out the decisive one...from Scholes. And Vieria hung on his nerves to deliver the FA Cup to Arsenal ;)

Current Mood: Happy