Integrated Resorts

The Electic New Paper's Article titled "Please SIR, (Singapore Integrated Resorts) I want work"

OF course I've lost the bet.
Click to see larger image

It was only with myself - that I would not add another word to the ca.... subject, already over-debated in an incessant drone.

However, the promise of neon in one's twilight is too enticing to pass over.

(By the way, someone irate e-mailed two names over: Sodom and Gomorrah. Which someone else read as Slot'em and GoBorrow.)

In the year 2009 I would have attained official retirement age and the game plan is just that: to re-tire. There's life in the old bone-shaker yet, just give her a new set of tyres.

Like my country of choice, Singapore, I too am on the re-make.

The projected figure is 35,000 jobs. Take this as my queue number, please SIR (Singapore Integrated Resorts) I want work.

Will there be two lines though, one for foreign talent/immigrant workers, and the other for the rest of us?

And will the prospective employment be mostly for wait-and-serve crew and housekeeping? An honest way to make a living doubtless, but why not take the opportunity to create paradigm-shift out-of-the-box positions?

Having been to Las Vegas more than 20 times - and lost less then SM Goh in total - I am eminently qualified to work in a mega entertainment hub (can call IR MEH?).

Give the aunty a WonderBra and make her the Greeter.

Greeters are important as they are the first people you meet, flesh-and-blood welcome mat if you will.

Greeters are the ones who can sway you into their establishment, usually with lots of handouts.

And suppliers of these freebies will have their work cut out, manufacturing supersize dice, miniature chips, chequebook of redemption play money, collapsible croupier visors, rabbit's foot.

Uncle can be a bucket-stacker and scooper-upper. A casino never sleeps, someone has to go round and place plastic buckets for coins on every machine. Plus, stick his hand in the mouth of the jackpot bandits and clear whatever coin may have been left behind. Of course not while someone is still playing on it.

There are stories of 'coolers', people who unwittingly are Jonahs, bad luck charms. On the payroll of the house, they join the table where there's a player on a winning streak (so as to break the run).

Interviews for that one should be interesting. (If he's a Jonah, what are the odds of his getting that job eh?)

And if life is a crapshoot, then naturally I intend to be the cooler's opposite number - the hottie.

Please SIR,
(Singapore Integrated Resorts)
I want work

* ~ * ~ *


Damn interesting read haha...

Anyway, we all know the foregone conclusion of not 1, but 2 IRs (Integrated Resorts) in Singapore, one in downtown Marina Bay and the other in Sentosa, with the latter being targetted at the family.

Lotsa news and articles written at full length with so much interesting information, statistics that makes one wonder which article is speaking the truth. Or maybe, all are, since they quote different aspects of, say, a statistics report generated by the Department of Statistics.

* ~ * ~ *

Goodness gracious for the availability of another long holiday, this time, with Labour Day on a Sunday. Great day for being with the family also. But, wished that I had signed up for a dive trip instead, need to start learning....argh...Today, was the driver going to Mount Faber, HarbourFront, Toa Payoh...yeap. So, it was a great day, as the roads ain't congested and I was able to drive at a relatively okay speed :D

I wish for more such long holidays sia...haha! Long holidays = More time with car.

On another note, time to get a job...Job agency have yet to reply...

On a last note, saw a hilarious version of Jay's Qi Li Xiang MTV on the net...should I place the link here....? ^_^

Current Mood: Happy

Current Music: Jay Chou - Qi Li Xiang