Projects...1/2 Done, Bitching Time...?

CTW...DONE!
Marketing...DONE! *Finally!*

But well, I'll miss the days of working on a group project. Maybe the group members could be more enthusiastic, but I can't blame them. It's just plain hectic, so am I. Just thought that with more motivation and concentration, we could have done better, I could have more sleep (bleh), and we could bond better (^_^)

Booths came, and will be gone soon. Nice time with the guys, as usual. Funny things do happen, after all. And no more vacancies for trips already! Lumbong is INDEED the best-seller, with 20 over people on the waiting list! Man...I wish for a Lumbong III.

Time to get on with my story! *lol*

Sunday was a great day, I nearly couldn't pull myself awake from the bed, that's why. Barely 6 hours of sleep, and time for a long and tiring time of project. Projects ain't that bad after all actually, considering that you get to crap whilst pondering over some major idea. Haha.

Well, it was a cold day in Kovan Macs, due to the drizzle, and I met up with Jacqueline, Yi Si and Yvonne for the project.

Exams approaching, and the Macs was crowded with...students studying for the exams. You can just know who are the students - they're armed with textbooks, papers, pens and sit there for hours without taking their butts off the hot chairs.

So we settled ourselves, running our laptops on battery power, and managed to kickstart the first of the fifteen questions to tackle.

Well, we all know that our local Macs have basically 3 types of workers, the blue-shirted Manager, the red-shirted Assistant Manager, and the other workers dressed in their signature uniforms. Let us let the manager be BS and the Asst Manager be RS for ease of blogging. Names and identities have not been changed in order not to protect the people involved.

At noon, we realised that there was going to be some birthday party to be held by an 8-year old girl at the Macs, and we immediately scoured for new seats, as we're sure that they would ask us to leave to make space for the party.

The RS came over to the row of students, and told all of them to leave. The exact words, I'm not too sure, but he sure did come over to us with the same intention...

We need your table as we are organising a party. Could you leave our premises now if you are studying and not eating, as you are blocking the flow of my customers, and there are a lack of seats.
(I looked around, there are plenty of seats available.)
Okay, I think it's alright...
No problem, we're gonna leave, but we need to have our lunch here first, so maybe we'll eat first?
Then could you quickly have your lunch and leave our premises now?


I was utterly shocked. So were my group mates.

Here we are, at a F&B outlet, and having the RS coming over to show who's boss by telling his customers to leave. It was like...WTF. We have been buying food and other deserts to keep ourselves (and stomachs) awake during our stay at the outlet. Chasing away customers, was that a ploy on his part? That students have little or no spending power?

We took in his extremely curt and unfriendly reply, and moved to another table, away from the party area. I was very apprehensive about spending my money on such a place following the disgusting reply I've gotten from one of the senior personnel in this F&B outlet.

As our marketing lecturer said once, "We as customers, are BOSS"

I was contemplating to move over to KFC or Delifrance for our group project and lunch, since the service here is so substandard (or is there any standard to talk of in the first place?!), but we were rather hungry then, so we just settled for the food there. I was, well, a little unhappy at spending money in a place which had such people.

So Yvonne and I walked over to the counter to get our stuff. I was to share McNuggets with Jac, and since the biggest meal was a 6 pc McNugget meal, I asked the BS whether there was a 20pc McNugget set, and he said "Yes", to my surprise! (Even though it's just the sum of all the parts, it was definitely shocking, and he was very friendly!). What a difference.

On top of that, he literally gave us all the sauces and mayonaise which we required, as I hesitated on which to get. Is that cool or what?

This, is customer service. To interact and understand, not to do things your way.

Had our lunch, and carried on with our work. Out of nowhere, the RS came over to me, and told me,

U guys have been here for some time already, could you please leave once if you are not eating.

Shocked. Disgusted. Again.

Why? 'Cos there were so many freakin' seats available! Either his eyes were floating up there in orbit, or he simply is ignoring the tens of other students sitting there without buying food at all! And he's just aiming at our group, for we were the only ones to get the 'warning'.

I just hecked care, continued our discussion. Work comes first anyway, besides we were about to leave....in....an....hour's time. *lol*

The RS even talked to the BS regarding us, but it seemed that the BS waved off his comments, and it was the end of the redundant statements made by RS.

Moral of Story: Never purchase any goods, CONDEMN THE STORE, once customer service is seriously impinged on.

Okay, finally...I've bitched on this dude. FINALLY.

Current Mood: Angry (at tt pt of time!)

Current Music: Killers - Somebody Told Me