A packed weekend

Manz, looking back, the weekend was sure packed. Adding the Hari Raya holiday into the fray, it simply did not help matters.

Saturday-Sunday
Was at Kukup with Rovers for the committee and alumni trip. A fishing village, staying in kelongs, viewing of nature reserves, admiring the wonderful sunset, and setting off the fireworks and sparklers. Simply great fun.

Not to mention the endless mahjong and bridge sessions. Simply addictive.

Basically, it was almost a whole night of fun without sleep, until tired bodies gave in and retired for the night. Hoping to catch the sunrise, I set my alarm clock at 6am, but the rain simply dampened my mood.

"It might be possible to stop raining later, I'll just wait for 30 mins or so" I said to myself.

So I slept on the couch at the chalet, waiting for the rain to stop. Alas, it did not. Which was quite sad, since I had looked forward to getting my sunrise pictures with the SLR I had brought.

And the tripod leg came loose. Which rounded off a bad raining day, which just did not stop even after reaching Singapore. Sheesh. A whole day of never-ending rain.

On top of that, I did not meet my cousin for family lunch. Darned. Why? I just question myself. Sigh, she's going back to US, again...till dunno when.

Monday-Tuesday
Met CPT Don, Tong Cai, Lionel, Sebestian, Vijay, Wan Poo and Xingda for a small gathering at Plaza Singapura, after which we headed to the Glass House for Fish 'N Co. dinner. Dinner was nice, though it started late, with problems of long queues and the rain. CPT Don was kind enough to fetch us from NUS to PS, and then back home.

After reaching home, washed up and headed to Junhong's house to 打麻将. By the time I got there, it was almost midnight. Gen, Grace, Huijun, Joo Hui, Weichuan were already there, and a round of mahjong was in progress.

Just looking at the rounds of mahjong being played was quite nice, but we 3 guys were trying to entertain ourselves and keep ourselves awake. After finishing one entire round of mahjong, we went over to AMK's S11 for some supper, and then back, which was pretty fast cos not all of us were eating.

And a new round of mahjong started after the supper, of which I was already starting to feel sleepy. And I lost, a little terribly. Oh well, just for the fun of it.

While talking at Junhong's room, I fell asleep, and a good 2 hrs of sleep certainly helped. Breakfast was settled at Bishan's MacDonalds, and we went our seperate ways thereafter.

Today was spent getting home, showering and changing to go out and meet the TCHS NPCC dudes. Met up with Henry, Jinshu, Alvin and Cheonghua at Clarke Quay Settler's Cafe, where we had a long first game with this board game which requires mapping out and territorial advancement. Interesting game with full of 'strategies' and 'schemings'.

The next game we had, was a card game, something which reminded us of bridge. Alas, we did not have much time and in the end, we played only 2 rounds for this game. And it was barely after we got a grasp of the gameplay.

Still, a long-overdue meet up with the NPCC dudes certainly helped. I felt so too, though I think we have a long way to go, and more outings are definitely required.

After leaving our seperate ways, went to Konota to send my film for processing, and managed to get my warranty set for my Nikon F55. On top of that, was looking for my acid-free paper to make the album, but I guess being a student with limited resources, I would be ending up with black paper and nice little corners already. Heck care whether the prints would yellow or fade. Anyway, they are all digital prints. Haha.

Night time, managed to go over to Joyce's place to get my CS1101C textbook and notes. And walking around in Hougang Mall, which I've not been for some time too.

Now, back home, sleepy, tired, shagged. Time to plan for my June holidays, and my upcoming competitions, if any. Was talking online to Wanling and Candice, and realised that looking back, I don't even know what I truly achieved. Or maybe, I'm packing my schedule now because I wish to achieve something.

In a sense, 2005 was memorable for me because I did my first marathon, compeleted my AHM, Mizuno run and NBRR, and I had ORD-ed and done my Cobra Challenge. Basically, to challenge myself. But I guess I had given up on some stuff which I had liked, like piano, music and even my third language. That's when the mind rules over the heart. Should it be that way? I would never know....would I?

Now, time to sleep...more outings? Lesser lectures please. Haha.

Current Mood: Sleepy

Current Music: Gong Shi Jia - Zai Yi Ci Yong You