Surf N Sweat!

Wad a day! A day spent under the hot sun, running at 1pm in the hot afternoon sun, sure helps in getting a tan (or did I NOT get one. Geez).

Early morning, met up with Kossy, Kym, Steph, Matthew and Kym's bf *ahem* for makan at Harbourfront MRT...din eat much, cos I grabbed some bread before leaving home.

I was paired with Kossy for the Mixed Open category, with her surfing and me running. Best combo, how about that? Haha.

Basically I just din feel like running in the hot afternoon sun. Totally draining and dehydrating. But I thought "Less than 5km, should be okay..."

I was so wrong.

When I started the run, I was already feeling shacked and just refused to move my limbs fast enough. Basically a jog pace. And looking ahead I see the guy runners all pushing forth, increasing the distance between us with each second.

Gritted my teeth and told myself that I can do it, I started to pace myself. The hot weather was affecting me a little, plus the empty stomach meant that I was sorta running on reserve energy.

When I hit the winding uphill in the forest, I was telling myself "OMG, why am I subjecting myself to this torture? It's disastrous!" Basically, for those who do not know, the slope was just going up and up without any sign of stopping. Pretty bad, I must say. I keep losing sight of the front runners, and I panted and heaved my way up.

And after that, it was much more smooth sailing already. Soon, we hit back to the beach and it's back to the endpoint. Which was good, definitely.

Totally famished at that point in time, and we went to wash up. Not knowing the change in routes for the Blue Line due to the activation of the new 'Interchange' between Sunset and Palawan Beach, we ended up waiting for the Blue Line, going 1 big round to the Underwater World, before reaching the terminal stop to board the bus to the mainland.

By then, Kossy and Kym were like seriously late for their canoe-polo reunion dinner. And still have to go over to Bishan to grab some stuff for the steamboat.

So we all went up to Bishan (where I managed to grab some food, FINALLY!) and spent time shopping in NTUC. Left shortly after, and went home to put down my stuff, soak my dirty (and wet) clothes into the water, and went out again, this time with my camera equipment.

The sunset at MacRitchie and the fireworks at the Esplanade area were simply amazing. And nice too! I had a field day trying to frame the shots carefully, hopefully it comes out well. Hehs.

And time spent was great too. The rain did not dampen spirits, and it was definitely great night spent! Oh yea! Hehe...

Tonight, Chelsea vs Liverpool. Let's just hope Chelsea loses.

And, homework time. Sighz.

Current Mood: Hyper