Back to 'work'

Yea. Back to the land of work. Why does SG just remind me of work only, whereas anywhere outta here seems so relaxing and slower-paced?

Woke up late to wash the tents today. Poor Lai Yee, who did not sleep the entire night (probably doing her Cluedo) was on time and there was no one there!

As for me, I was only woken up by Yings' call to my home phone. And I was groggy when my dad called me to say that a girl was on the line. *lol*

So I quickly washed up, had my breakfast and drove down to school. Dad's down with chicken pox, so I get to use the car more *beams*.

Meeting was long and draggy. Not in the mood to listen to side-talk, wanted it to just get it over and done with. On top of that, I had to meet a freshie to get the money. Time to have more freshies coming in. Helps assure yourself that the response is good. Haha.

The YIH cash deposit machine still has not been repaired. The keypad doesn't work! Only the number 4 works. OMG. This has forced me to be unable to deposit money. Running around with huge wads of notes do not help.

Nice night with a nice chat. Realised that the KL trip was a self-discovery trip and you get to observe more. Like how there are more shops catered to the female gender than to the male in KL shopping centres.

Or how people there view FBT-wearing ladies.

First timers in back-packing. And to take a room on a level with no neighbours helped. Our noisy nature (by playing bridge throughout the nite) meant that no complains could be lodged against us. And there was even an open-air bar above our inn showing the quarter-finals! I watched the England loss. Well, barely.

And the good food...the Bak Kut Teh tastes sweet there (wow, not just herbal taste, but sweet too! I like it! Yings said it was okay. lol), the muah chee with different flavours, the ultra-big bread which is full of condensed milk, and the smoothly-delicious lolo desert!

Just din manage to buy a lot of clothes. But got myself a pair of jeans and another pair of broadshorts. Hopefully, they help to bolster my wardrobe. Was looking for a certain tee-shirt but did not manage to get the colour which I wanted. Oh wells. Not fated to get it.

Looking back, I wish to stay in a kampung next hols for a month. *lol* I need a break!

Was reading up on some forums, and there's this quote, "Live like you never lived before, love like you never loved before. Because you'll never know when's your last."

Wow, interesting. But cliche? Maybe.

Now watching soccer. Italy vs Germany. Many people have put their weight behind the Germans to win this match. But I was a little pissed with the Argentina match, that I would prefer to lend my weight behind the underdogs - Italians.

Checked my calender also. Realised that AHM this year might not be possible for me. Committee trip would be in that period of time, which totally sucks. I think, I'll go for the New Balance Real Run and the Mizuno Wave Run instead, both 10km routes. Sighs~

Current Mood: Awake