O-Week Starts!

Day 1...and I'm blogging from EA block, after a nice lil' supper, a quick shower @ Raffles Hall (oops) and getting my laptop in a comfortable position somewhere on the 5th level of EA block. Haha.

Voice slightly gone. Wonder why. Seems like my voice goes off pretty easily after a day of shouting/cheers. -sighs- No more endurance le?

Anyway, should start from Day 0...the day when we councillors all gathered at LT7a and (literally) had the time of our lives. Making identity tags, making mascots, learning the difficult dance moves and laughing at our own mistakes, bangla-ing ourselves in a van to bathe @ SRC, and much more!

Haha...and I was really glad I came. At least I think I did.

Went to school earlier at about 1620hrs to settle some administration issues - print stuff out, print freshie listings, print meal 'order' forms, etc. Then had some good 'ol Mac's ice-cream before continuing the work to be done for the day: Tag Making + Mascot Making.

The tags were more or less done, and all Joyce had to do were to write the names on the tags. We were super proud of our creations! Just that we did not take any pictures...too busy. -sighs-

Afternote: And we forgot to add the smiley faces in all the tags. Darned. Kept forgetting. Think i'll implement the sticker thingy then? Haha.

Jinyao arrived soon, and then we had dinner bought by the other group councillors from MacDonalds' - en masse order! All food in cardboard boxes (is that interesting or what?) So in between eating and slurping coke, we chit-chatted and I met some of my councillors in the house, like Chun Kiat, Yiping, Mark and Zhiyong.

Mass Dance was next, and we got a little high after all the cheers (Patrick's fav cheers). Dance was interesting but learning it was kinda hard...steep learning curve!

After the long mass dance routine, we went to continue doing up the mascots, and our group did a star from cardboard and newspapers (which seemed a lil' unstable and prone to spoilage). It turned out pretty good, but the colour was...bad =( Wished we had more time to do painting, but alas being at 3am in the morning, it hardly helped.

After that was showering time, en masse! Damn fun la! We squeezed into Amanda's van to SRC, though it was a short drive there, it was pretty fun! (I need more of such stuff! I wanna ride in vans and lorries with frens liaos! Reminds me of tt session with LY, HH and SH after Ohana. Haha.)

After bathing, it was time to rest...and the next day we woke up at 7 to get food for the rest of the O-Week councillors + committee personnel. I waited for Amanda to wake up, whilst Lionel spent a wonderful(?) night in the van (with open doors!). Henry joined us and we went in her van to Clementi, where we got roti prata and drinks for those who ordered.

Managed to reach back in time to let the councillors eat, wash up and take charge of the freshies who had begun to gather at the first level.

24 people in an OG is no joke. But the turn-out was probably 19, which dwindled as the day went by, to about 10. But having half to stay-over was not necessarily a bad thing, except when most of them were not absorbing what you had to say about the things to do for the dance item. -sighs-

I guess the day was more or less okay. Fun, in a way. Faculty games were smooth, so was the Night Scavenger Hunt, which I felt should be longer (bring them to the PGP and KR haunted houses yea!).

Guess a thing which pissed me off the day was how freshies from other OGs will persuade their friends not to stay over, and that's whilst I'm talking to them. I was rather disappointed that their OGLs did not manage to convince them otherwise, and it seemed (to me) like a virus spreading. All it takes is one bad egg to spread the "Aiya, no need to stay over la. Stay over also lousy/useless/(pls insert ur own phrase to persuade others not to stay over)."

Debriefing was long, and many of the OGLs were kinda tired. Who wouldn't? lol. But I'm glad we're all together in this. More bonding? Haha...Just need more time to talk to each other la.

Now, to rest tonight for tomorrow's stayover. Haha. I'm not gonna stay over in school tonight la. :)

Current Mood: Sleepy

Current Music: Wu Yue Tian - Xin Zhong Wu Bie Ren