Impromptu

Oh wells, how much of impromptu activities can one take?

I was almost heading to a very sian run-up to the weekend, but I sure was lucky for the activities which I wanted to carry out...With an unexpected early return home on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday turned out to be free days instead.

On Wednesday, washed tents under perfect conditions - sunny weather and with sufficient manpower! Much of the repairs of the stores could also be done ASAP, and after that went swimming, with my newly bought TYR goggles. Just need to swim more, need to practice more on my strokes too. It sure feels good to swim under the sun, with new goggles too!

So that was Wednesday, and after settling some more Rovers stuff, proceeded to meet LG and then back home...Thursday was even more impromptu, with a last-minute K-session organised successfully! Only 4 of us Skadians went - Joyce, Minghui, Yi Si, and we really sang to our hearts' content from 2.30 till 8.30! Wow! Non-stop KTV with no-one to rush us outta our rooms! Really worth it!

Watched Curse of The Golden Flower today at Cineleisure with Xingfang, a place which I've yet to go for quite some time already. The cinemas have the same good 'ol feeling which made me love Cathay cinemas over GV, EW or Shaw's.

It was a good choice of movie, after we had initially wanted to watch Battle of Wits, but it had already ended its run by then. The set was simply amazing and beautiful! I guess words cannot describe how wonderful the entire set, costumes and detail that were put into the movie.

It's basically a movie of the royal family, with sin, betrayal, deceit and suspense all rolled into one. Well, I loved the stunning visuals there, although maybe the acting could be much better...and do Tang Dynasty women all dress like the maidens and Gong Li? It's a little too...*ahem*...exposed...I wonder too...

Had lunch over at Hobayashi and it was pretty good, the scrambled noodles. But I guess the one over at Taka is better? At least value for money, I'd believe.

Made my way to school for the Berekelah briefing, which is on active monitoring status due to the flooding in Johor and rains in Peninsula Malaysia. Not an ideal time to go trekking, but I'm just hoping that the rain stops and roads are good for passage of vehicles, especially since the bus has to pass through Kota Tinggi.

Met up with Mufeng and Hwibee for the briefing, which was done quickly and settling of stores was relatively smooth, since the people I am briefing are all those I know - Celina, Chin Khiong, Kellie, Lih Sheng, Margaret, Yi Hui and Zhanwei. Super fast, super quick, and after clearing our own stuff and deciding on what to eat, we and Geraldine got onto Mufeng's van and he gave us a lift over to IMM!

There, we met up with CK, Luiyee, Weiguang, Zhihui. WG had a new hairstyle, similar to mine! Had dinner over at Streets, some new 'cafe' at IMM, but I can tell you the service is darned pathetic. Food is not dished out quick enough, and I bet that I can get equal or better food at a cheaper cost outside. Paying the service charge is really a bother, as the service there really did not justify it.

So all in all, avoid the cafe Streets at IMM. Shun it. It's simply pathetic and if you really have to try, just go once, yea?

Took a long bus ride home, and I'm watching Black Hawk Down on AXN on our new plasma TV! Haha...parents decided to get a new one since the old one had a spoilt controller, and the TV was on sale...really different effects seen compared to that on the old TV.

I still love war movies...Flags of Our Fathers, anyone?

Nothing planned for the run-up to Xmas...doubt I'll do much, don't really have the 'feel' of Xmas as of yet...and I wonder why...

Current Mood: Happy

Current Music: Lin Jun Jie & Jin Sha - Bei Feng Chui Guo De Xia Tian