Monsoon hits Singapore

Played badminton with Jianlong, Kheng Hui and his friends, and I must say, it's great to be holding a racket and playing a game of badminton. Need to find other things to do other than swim/run/trek. Haha. KH had booked 2 courts, and if not for someone's last minute pang sei *ahem ahem* we could have played a doubles game with rotation!

But anyway, it was pretty fun. The not-so-fun thing was to get up super early at 7am to go down to Clementi when one has only barely 4 hours of sleep lor. 'Cos Lai Yee was waiting for her fren to go clubbing, so I just stayed and kept her company, besides her friends were either inside Zouk or still on their way there. Anyway, it was just another rainy night which many things ain't done right - We never got to watch the movie "The Last Kiss"; I was late in meeting Geoks at Queenstown; the Winning departmental store is closed at 8pm (sians) and I made my way back to Orchard to change bus, but in the end I met up with Lai again; Lai couldn't get correct shoe size or jacket size; I was home late with a $9.30 cab fare to boot 'cos I was hit with a midnight surcharge while my original intention was to go home via bus; my shoes were wet from the rain and everything. Ugh.

Oh wells, nothing seemed to go along to plan yesterday.

At least I managed to walk around and just enjoy the soothing Malay/Blues in the cafe at The Holiday Inn. Pretty nice I must say, but I'd prefer a live band and a pint of beer in front of me anytime. Talk, sit, relax, view the people around you, stare in amazement at the scenery, and just chill.

Will I get to do that? Packed calendar seems bad in doing such stuff.

Anyway, back to today...digressed again.

After badminton, the 5 of us proceeded to have some cheap (oh really?) Japanese food at Clementi, then pool...but we changed to LAN gaming 'cos all 5 of us could play at the same time! And we started off with CS, only to be pissed with the repetitive nature of stopping play after 5 minutes of gaming or so, and the server has to reset the map. So we changed to DOTA. But my computer kept giving problems and I had to change it not once, not twice but 3 times! The new computer I managed to be on was much more stable and we managed 2 rounds of DOTA. Fun indeed! Trying to thrash the computer but kept getting pwned in the 1st round (not to forget, most of us had little DOTA-ing experience), the 2nd round was much better!

Fun scenes would definitely include asking KH not to go too near to the tower, only for him to get killed by the tower and other creeps around him. Haha. But guess we need more playing time eh? (KH - more LAN gaming next time perhaps?)

After that, met Jason and Hwi Bee at Clementi to go to Beach Road to get the gas lamps. Alas, we have to make a detour into Raffles Hotel due to the sudden pouring rain!!!!

And in Raffles Hotel I saw an old uncle trying his best to remove the water which had accumulated due to the sudden thunderstorm. Pity him, at his age still working, I wonder what has our society become? Will we end up having to work till his age, or maybe even older? I shudder at that thought at times. Why can't the older generation get a rest and enjoy the life which they should rightfully have, after toiling for the past 20 years or so? Maybe, it's just the social and economic system which we have here.

Moving on, we were at the Raffles Hotel waiting for a cab when we saw a BMW awaiting for its passengers at the front of the Hotel. What made this BMW different was that it had flags at the front and apparently the passengers were so distinguished that the staff of Raffles Hotel made their way to the porch with them (a couple) to send them off.

Well, the 4 of us just stood there in awe, but our concern was just to catch a cab...so I approached the guy at the counter to help us in getting a cab, which we managed to get one en route to Bedok. (Another note: Why do we see so many cabs changing shifts at Bedok!?)

Managed to get a ride to the "Army Market", where I saw the wonderful dual-usage architecture which we have in SG!



This wonderful design allows 2 things to be done at the same time: 1) It dispels water away from the market efficiently and without hitting the covered areas (blue), and 2) It allows the watering (or too much?) of plants (red).

What a great piece of architectural skill...and I guess the poor plant must be wishing there weren't that much thunderstorms in SG? It sure hurts (oww...) as a plant to be hit and flooded by so much water lors.

Another interesting thing noticed:



No bicycles, but still having bicycles there? Hmms...it's akin to having "No Smoking" signs but still having irritating people smoking like crazy in the bus stops. Geez.

Anyway, never managed to get our gas lamps, all sold out, and the only store which carried the original version is selling it at $45 by some shoplady who gave such a black face. Wonder what's her stupid problem. Geez.

So to cut short our failed trip (and thereby having to make ANOTHER trip again...) we received a call from Mufeng regarding his meeting with HB and KH, and he wanted us to find some LPA76 batteries for him. First time I'm hearing such batteries!!! Gosh. KH and I asked around but the shops carried the normal types. Wonder which place would carry such batteries. Watch shops?

Made our way to City Hall with our sugarcane drinks in hand and boarding the bus, with the bus captain telling us not to drink, and then missing a stop to arrive at a ulu bus stop at the Padang with light rain and some tourists viewing an old tree near the memorial tower.

Went over to Starbucks @ Suntec and HB, KH, MF continued their discussion proper, whilst Jason and I settled some logistical issues. After that, we went to the food court for dinner, and then some desert (the ice there is really smooth!!!) and finally parting ways to go home.

Almost 13 hours of non-stop activity...Feeling tired, but I'm happy. Being busy and having outings sure makes time pass by fast. Yet, I'm looking at the end of holidays soon...time really flies! It's Friday!!! OMGOSH!

I wanna play Mahjong, have fun, go K...anyone??? =D

Current Mood: Exhausted

Current Music: 2moro - Nan Sheng Nu Sheng Pei