Rinjani Beckons

And I tossed and turned, but could not get to sleep. Dunno why. Images of the upcoming trip filled my mind and I simply could not stop thinking.

Of whether my bag is too heavy. Or whether the trip is alright. Or the impending boat ride to Lombok. Or scaling the volcano.

Rinjani, at 3,726 m, is certainly shorter than Mount Kinabalu (4,095 m) which I had scaled almost a year ago. So it shouldn't be so cold right? I've a niggling feeling that the stuff I brought up this time round is much more than previously. A last count provided the following for the 4d 3n trek:

1 set long johns
2x track pants (1 for spare)
3x tee shirts (1 for spare)
2x trek shorts
2 jackets (1 windbreaker + 1 winter type w/ hood)
Gloves
Beanie (for my head)
Scarf
1 pair of running shoes
1 pair of sandals

Seems a little overkill. Added to the fact that I brought along about 3 sets of clothes for the RnR after the trek, the bag is rather heavy, though I'm not too sure if it is within the 20kg limit set.

Haiz...gonna do some repacking.

Rinjani Beckons...

Current Mood: Awake