randomness

Woke up at 0830, even before the alarm rang. Slumbered over to the laptop and clicked here and there mindlessly. Not tired, and not fully awake.

The alarm rings, I switch it off. Goes to the toilet and washes up.

Strong winds outside, even the trees are swaying to the wind. And for a brief moment, the sky's clear. Now? The sky's back to the greyish hue I've grown accustomed to.

People cycling in the street below my house. The houses emit white puffs of smoke as people get up to go to work, to school.

Lumbering around, I fiddle with my gadgets. Damn, the camera battery charger is still spoilt. (I'm so screwed)

Time flies. Probably. Maybe after you get accustomed to the entire routine of life in Europe, it probably does. Go to school in the morning, return home at 6, do your dinner, watch crunchyroll/youtube/movies, listen to songs, attempt to do some work, and go to sleep.

And throw in some MSN convos and Facebook-ing in the fray as well.

December...the winter month. The month where you can literally smell and feel Christmas in the air. Somehow, I dun feel it that much in Eindhoven as compared to London. Gee.

Well, I try to get something out of everything I have done, and I probably did for this exchange, even though the school is kinda dull (do you call beer parties as eventful? I hope not) and life's a crawl at times. But, you do get by with all the traveling and meeting up with friends.

Haven't kept to all my promises...yet.

Am on track, for my general education. Yet, I find myself staring at a question: "What have I truly learnt in these 5 months here?" Have I spent money and...gained nothing in return?

I do not think so. My eyes have opened up to the world, to the many different cultures and places. Something indescribable, yet it's something which money cannot really buy. The different countries, the different cities, the diverse cultures...

Do I like to travel? Yes I do. I think traveling is a way to learn from others. It opens your eyes to the world, and at times, you learn things and try to think of whether it could be implemented in the very country you come from!

And I marveled at the paintings of Reuben and Van Gogh in Spain, the architecture in Barcelona, the great Roman Baths in UK, the obvious difference between East and West Berlin, the lovely fields and hills of Switzerland, the bustling city-life of Paris, and the quiet country-side of Denmark. All of these places...they each hold a different meaning to me.

And I love the outdoors. Would have preferred if I could camp outdoors once, but the weather's pretty cold for that now. Sighs.

August, the arrival of me. Wake me up when September ends. October-fest. November rain. December's the time for Christmas. January, the end of the dream.

Merry Christmas to one and all, it's 18 more days to Christmas now. Cherish the moment and may ya have a great holiday! :)

Current Mood: Awake

Current Music: 光良 - 风雨同路