And how I wished the weather would be much better here! Took a total of 6 hours to get to Porto, which is north of Lisbon, the capital of Portugal. Well, it's supposed to be a nice sunny place to explore, and it's a pity the weather's anything short of being good. Hopefully the weather turns fine the next day.
Stopped over at the island of Mallorca en-route to Porto on my Air Berlin flight. And I think the 2 Air Berlin flights I took were not bad too! Just a bit on the high side I feel. And Mallorca is having such a great weather, and I felt like getting out of the airport and stay for a day there! Gosh.
Having packed my stuff from the Dec trip and gotten out of my flat in Eindhoven, I moved north with my bags of luggage to meet Aunt Babe and Nicole, and they had a guest this weekend - her friend Ross! Therefore, Aunt Babe took Ross around in Amsterdam, Nicole went to her chinese lesson, and I walked around Amsterdam again, this time exploring the Albert Markt as well as parts of the Amstel River.
Got some gifts for some friends, and I hope my luggage weight stays within the limit. Well, hopefully! I've like a kilogram worth of chocolates and a bottle of wine in the luggage already, and I cant stuff anything else inside!!
Amsterdam's weather was bad in the morning, and I just spent my own sweet time walking around, trying to get myself lost in the streets of Amsterdam, and found myself at the main shopping street, with all the sales and what-not.
Most of the stores there had "SALE" written all over their windows...brands like Zara, H&M, C&A, etc etc. So it's a good time to do some winter shopping and I got myself a pair of shoes from Zara for 20 Euros. Cheap...Maybe I will go over to see if H&M has some stuff for me to get, usable in SG of course! Things like tees and belts would prove useful!
Well, meeting up with Lynn who's flying up from Geneve airport tomorrow! And the tour of Portugal shall start! I think I'll start on certain further-off places in Porto tomorrow. Haha...free breakfast at 9am sure restricts my movement times. hehs. But at least I will not get myself stuck in rush hour traffic (or so I hope).
Cant wait to meet up with Lynn! Whee!
Posted In:
Europ*ng
.
By Zεηιτħ
0 Responses to
Something to say?