Charity Shows

Coming tonight at 7pm on Channel 8.

Arent the artistes getting tired of doing stunts, performing circus acts and sleigh-of-hand, for the simple task of drawing in the crowd and ppl dialling the various numbers to do their bit for charity?

In barely 9 mths, we've seen so many of charity shows going on on local tv. Seems like it is going to, and will be, something important on their schedules.

Darned the charity shows. If Singaporeans are indeed charitable as they seem, would they not lend a helping hand when others seem in need for it? Would they not be doing something for the community rather than just donate money to the coffers of foundations such as the NKF?

I'd vouch for the human touch and kindness rather than the act of giving by money.

And who knows what such organisations do to the money you give them. Each year, millions are poured into their coffers, and did they alleviate the patients' suffering? If they did not, I guess this is a mistake. A mistake to help such organisations. Added to the fact is that they never told us what's the big deal with the large amount of funds they had stashed away. And look at their big nice spanky headquarters and the large buildings they build to 'house' their patients and equipment.

Granted, there is always arguement for the need to good facilities and trained medical personnel, but if you toe the line of usability viz-a-viz lavishness, I'd say that's a damn fine line to go man.

As usual. My weekly ranting. Heh.

And I dun get to watch my Min Min -____-' They should really speed up the screening of episodes, like change it to 3 episodes instead of 2 for each weeknight. 'Cos the fact is there are only 10 episodes left, and the next episodes are gonna get interesting :P

Current Mood: Bored

Current Music: Escape Club - I'll Be There