They are definitely a different breed...from yesteryear, I guess. And when I mean by breed, it really IS. Had an interesting conversation from the forum which I surf regularly, and I guess that it is perturbing to notice a trend of more and more naughty kids who will scream, yell, shout and do basically everything and anything to gain attention, vent their temper and frustrations, and defy the adults.
One of the forumites actually described a scene of a kid who was about 7-8 years old, with his granny at the TOTO counter. Well, we all know that kids aint supposed to be there, but that is another matter althogether. The kid was screaming and wanting to shade those 'nice' coloured boxes of the 4D slip. The granny asked the kid to be quiet and behave well, as many eyes would definitely be on them, knowing the situation as well as Singaporeans' tendancy to be curious. The most shocking thing is to hear the kid threaten the granny "If you don't let me shade, I'll tell all of them that you mistreat me!".
Well, that was shocking. Indeed. Seems like there is a cultural (?) change of the young generation. Well, I'm not that old either, but somehow or rather, I feel that young Singaporeans are getting more and more spoilt. Handphones, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players etc...items which seemed so out of reach to normal Singaporeans less than a decade ago now populate the bags and pockets of the many Singaporean children, who deem that owning a piece of this technological advancement is a sign of status. Well, hell no. Added to the fact that they are getting more and more cocky and defiant, we definitely do not wish to look into the crystal ball to see what route Singapore would go, should they be the leaders of the future.
Yet, we tend to dismiss such child-like actions as part of growing up and learning the ropes. But, we cannot totally turn a blind eye to such intolerant behaviour, and more action has to be taken to address this issue. Definitely an issue worth pondering over.
On another note, was nearly hit in the groin today by a small kid (about 8 years old?) who suddenly held out his hand to block my path of running, even though I gave way to him. Luckily, I slowed down in time, and my *ahem* was intact. Heh. I dun really detest kids, but...some of them really do things which make them detestable creatures. :p
Oh yea...Weather getting hazy...Running in the evenings has become a no-no. Geez. Just as I thought I could get away with sleeping late and waking up late and running in evenings =.="
Current Mood:
Pensive
Current Music: Peter Cetera - The Glory Of Love
Posted In:
Blurt*d
.
By Zεηιτħ
0 Responses to
Something to say?