First Pay!

It's good to get a first pay for my job, via cheque from my agency, but the main gripe I have is that part of it (100 bucks) goes to my CPF as per the 20% employee contribution and 13% employers' contribution. So much for having more money to spend. I guess I understand more of how the workers feel about the currect system of CPF. Less money to spend.

Oh well, drifting off from this topic, I'm gonna just be at DOS for only 2 months, so it'll be soon before I say bye to the company which I've met there. Just few points worth noting:

(1) A govt job does not predispose to you the power to treat or entitle others to rank-slavery. That means ordering them about as one would do in an Army camp. If you are into respect and power, go into the Army. Civillian workplaces, though with the respect for those in higher positions in others, should be run in a professional manner in which people treat you with respect and you treat your workers and subordinates with equal respect. In that sense, you would become a better employer in their eyes. (Although in essence, ruling and commanding your subjects via an iron first leads to peak efficiency and productivity, it also displays negativity in terms of morale. Work would just be monotonous and dull.)

(2) Some people have mindsets which are deeply fixated, and being the kind friend to help the person improve more, can do no more than rolling his eyes and watch as the person just refuses to change. Oh well, I think it's better off talking to a cow, at least it moos.

(3) Shift jobs suck. Irregular sleeping times (which explains why I'm blogging now when I usually am asleep) and short day-light span contribute to the increasing fatigue I'm experiencing. Oh and add the early morning runs I try by best to attend. Simply difficult to deal with.

(4) I do not like the idea of forcing others to do against their own wishes, esp. when all of us are colleagues. In essence, we should work together, help each other...But some nitty-gritty details like sitting together etc just makes one kill more brain-cells for thinking and plotting where to sit, how to sit, and who to sit with. Save those brain cells for other usages ;)

Well, just a couple of points to blurt out. Better than keeping in da mind, yea?

P.S. For the ppl mentioned, forgive & forget, yea?

Current Mood: Pensive

Current Music: Corrinne May - Save Me