The Island

You have Been Chosen...to the ISLAND.

Luckily, that's an interesting show, as Yi Si and I failed to catch Sin City for reasons oblivious to the Ticketing Booth at GV. Interestingly, I asked the Ticketing Booth if we need to show both of our ICs to him, but he only requested for one, which I duly showed him.

Yet, the auntie at the entrance of the movie theatre chose to shoo us away, just because Yi Si's 2 months short of his birthday. And I think the pathetic answer by the Ticketing Booth is really CMI. Oh well. Had to shell out another 2 bucks for the movie "The Island", just because it was a preview.

I feel totally suckered by the money-gobbling organisation of Golden Village.

Oh yea. No apologies or nothing. Just said that, "Since you have not reached 21, you cannot watch it, till [b]after[/b] your birthday."

Anyway, I won't let my day get lousy with that pathetic straight-out-of-textbook remarks by the staff at GV, so I shall go on to the finer things in life.

Shopping @ F-Men was great...50% off sia, just nice for me to get the t-shirts and jeans which I was looking for all the while for school. Haha. 2 t-shirts, 1 jeans for $55, which is decent I must say.

And, regarding the movie "The Island", it's an interesting story, but an outdated concept. While it's true that genetics is becoming more and more researched upon by scientists, who are looking for the Holy Grail of modern science, it shows what could happen if the intentions were mis-matched with the ultimate goal.

For man trying to be God, it's a difficult task.

And morality is an issue here. Who determines that you have the power to give life, only to take it away from them when the need arises for 'spare parts'? (E.g. heart, kidneys, lungs etc) True, the idea was in effect good and could potentially prolong human life, yet the very idea of harvesting from the sponsors' clones is certainly a crime.

So in effect, the movie is sort of like "Minority Report", whereby the issues inherent in the movie set you thinking.

I've enjoyed the movie, not due to the special effects or the plot (which was a bit off-tangent at times), but due to the issues the producers choose to delve into.

Current Mood: Angry

Current Music: The Island OST