Compelled to post...

I'm feeling compelled to post this...regarding the NKF saga, there's been so much stuff written about it on the Internet and the forums, that I think it's just a show of how vocal Singaporeans are.

I mean, when the truth of how the NKF run things, how much they pay their CEO and the benefits he gets is reported to the public, it contradicts the very belief of what people had been doing all along - for CHARITY.

The public's trust in NKF has been shattered, and it'll take a long time before this saga gets buried and laid to rest, and the new team tries to resurrect a broken image in the eyes of the public.

While I believe that most people may have already known that NKF has more reserves than actually reported, and that the 'volunteers' are paid highly (esp those up the ladder), it has never been a fact.

Not till NKF's CEO Mr T T Durai decided to take action and sue for defamation against a Straits Times reporter, Ms Susan Long.

A costly mistake, as many of the unreported and dark secrets of the running of NKF came under the close scrutiny of the defending counsel and the public.

A can of worms, opened.

I guess it was a wrong call by Mr Durai, and the remarks by Mrs Goh just added oil to the fire, which was a little insensitive in anyway. I personally felt it as a remark against us, the commoners, who had to work through sweat and blood to earn money and donate, while the CEO sits up there, does a few charity shows, and earns $600,000 worth of PEANUTS.

Oh yea, it sure got many enraged. Who wouldn't?

I guess this is another good example of shooting off the cuff, without thinking and getting the idea across wrongly.

Quote of the Day: Got Peanuts?