1 day, 2 different feelings
Returned from a trip to the movies with Tong Cai, really enjoyed War of the Worlds! Though, the ending was a little...bland? But at least it followed the novel. Oh well. I felt the CGI was pretty impressive, acting was laudable too ;) I guess, that's the happy half of the day.
Also just returned from the hospital, and it seems her condition has not been as good as before.
Her eyes were closed. Sleeping so peacefully.
A sense of loss and uneasiness swept through my heart and mind.
What could we, as family, do? Other than sitting/standing there watching helplessly whilst our loved one is on the bed, desperately fighting for every breath of air, yet taking slow, irregular breaths.
I'm sure it's painful for her. In fact, she seemed to be in a comatose state, a state where she could not react to what the people around her spoke. Stirrings seemed regular and not due to what we spoke to her.
I whispered to her eyes, telling her that me and my brother were around, letting her know of our presence.
Nothing more I could wish for than for her to open her eyes to see us one more time.
Or the thought of her attending my 21st birthday.
Or the thought of her seeing me go into university.
Just 1 month more...yet, 30 days seems so long. Even 3 days. A long long short. The chances? Negligible. Unless something unordinary happens.
Talked to Aloysius, 'cos at that moment, I felt that I needed to talk to someone. It's a difficult pill to swallow. When Grandfather left 4 years ago, it was exactly the same month.
That was the year of A levels.
I guess, I got quite shakened up, since I was much much much closer to my Grandfather than Granny. Still, I feel a sense of emotional loss.
I guess I'm just this type of guy...a guy who is sensitive. *sigh*
I've just got to wait and see. Hence, a silent vigil from now onwards.
Current Mood:
In Silence...
Current Music: MLTR - Breaking My Heart
0 Responses to
Something to say?