Yup! Berkelah recce was great. Fabulous in fact.
Returned today morning, but reckoned I should have a rest. Had little sleep over the past 2 nights. First night I could not sleep because some peeps on the NTU ODAC trip to Jerangkang Waterfalls in Kuantan just talked and laughed all the way that I believe I've just about heard almost every issue they have raised during the 4 hour long trip. Their group was surprisingly full of female trekkers, with only 5 male trekkers. Interesting...
Anyway, the trip was otherwise smooth. As usual, the TransNasional bus sped like a speeding bullet to the checkpoint, then to Kuantan, where we landed a tad late at 0450hrs.
Still, it was pretty early and the terminal was empty. Way empty...till the NTU group alighted and placed their bags next to our group. We then decided to take out our cards and do what we do best - Bridge (or card-playing, in general)
Soon we Raja came over, and we discussed with him regarding the cab timings and the price, and we set off from the carpark at 0600hrs to the Prata store en route to Berkelah waterfalls...the NTU group basically stayed there with mainly participants, no sight of the committee members. Weird.
On our way (in the taxi) into Berkelah, we met up with Huiqin's brother who's leading a SP group in. Apparently they have about 25+ trekkers and took a bus in, so they had stopped at the main road and walked all the way in! Wow!
We started our climb at about 0730hrs, and chiong-ed up till the 3rd waterfall, and rested. As the time was still early, needing to only meet the cab at 1700hrs, we pushed forth above the 3rd waterfall, hoping to see the 4th waterfall of Berkelah (Side-note: It was said that Berke has 7 waterfalls...?)
Up down Berkelah was fun...jetty jump at 2nd Waterfall was equally great. Seemed roughly like what we did for OCS confidence jump. :)
In the end, we sun-tanned, swam, dived and jumped around. I accidentally slipped into the water and the bottom half of my bag (with clothes!) literally drowned. Luckily I had ziplocked my stuff, so this goes to show the importance of ziplocking your stuff on treks dudes ;)
And after getting out of Berkelah, we reached Kuantan's A&W (only in M'sia!) and tuang-ed (+play cards) there till around 2000, and the staff told us they had to close shop. We were quite stunned cos the closing time stated 2300hrs, so in the end we had to go over to the bus terminal, where we sat down and played cards (again) and had Malaysian soccer (Pahang vs Perlis) on TV.
So many people watching TV. Even the coach driver was transfixed on the screen. Haha.
Ride back was not back, but bumpy. More bumpy then the way to Kuantan. Plus, we waited for 45 mins for Macs to open at Larkin. Haha.
While JJ went off to Kranji MRT directly, LY, TQ and I took the bus towards Queen's Street. And LY & TQ were so fast asleep, I din bother to bade goodbye to them when I got off...and I reached home at ard 8am to finally meet my bed...finally...
Current Mood:
Tired
Current Music: Whitney Houston - All At Once
Posted In:
Rovers
.
By Zεηιτħ
0 Responses to
Something to say?