NUS Triathlon!

So I woke up early in the morning at 5am, groggy-eyed, in anticipation for the NUS Triathlon which I was about to help out. At this time of the day, there was (as expected) no public transport, so my dad decided to give me a lift to ECP. Which was really a blessing in disguise! Managed to reach there on time!

Met up with Geoks at the carpark E2, but Yings was late. Oh wells...got an event tee for her and we went to the toilets to change up into our working tee.

And when I returned, I was shocked to hear that the water point people had all left already! OMG. So I was left there doing nothing and just awaiting instructions a.k.a. to do saikang when needed.

Yings arrived shortly, and we saw Weiguang too! Chatted briefly before being pulled away for a ride in a car to do saikang which was never present! OMG. But nice car ride. Returned only to zuo bo again. Haiz...it's giving us a headache 'cos 1) we had little sleep and needed rest 2) the MC didn't seem to know wad to do with us.

In the end we got assigned to the food centre 'zebra crossing' to take care of people crossing 'cos the cyclists are coming in at high speeds. And there were so many other non-competitive leisure cyclists! Oh mans. Got shouted at by 1 woman who seemed agitated that the competitive cyclists had shouted at her to get away. Weiguang commented that this is the first time he's been scolded. lol. And there was an accident due to miscommunication, and partially my fault. sigh. The guy just limped to the side, and I really was angry with myself for causing such problems. Was also angry with the leisure cyclists/skaters/runners for not listening to us! Tell them to deviate left dun do so, sighs. Dunno wad they wanna do also...Maybe more has to be done in planning for the cycling route. Keeping to a road race would be much much better! After all, this is EAST COAST PARK on a SUNDAY we're talking about...

Then...the 3 of us drifted back after work, got nothing to do, ate ice-cream (yay! Potong!) and then to the sandcastle exhibit we went! Viewed the nice structure, and Weiguang and I got assigned a 'room' each, and then we took pics! Moved on to the food centre to answer the call from the stomach...and we had...FOOD FEAST! muhahaha!


Sandcastles!


Good Food! WoOhOo~!


After the food fiesta, we intended to meet PG, but decided to detour to the tentages to get a free goodie bag, and then we walked to the bus stop for our ride home...Took 197, then changed bus to 31, and it was quite a speedy journey, though I slept a lot on the bus!

Haha....Rested well the whole day...recharging in process!

Current Mood: Sleepy