For those who've been busy studying and need a relief from the books, click here for a great animation! :D
I absolutely love it. It's cute! Haha!
Anyway, was just thinking...if bus fares increased, why do I still see so many NACs on the 151 route run by SBS Transit (not to forget, 74 and 90?) and the conditions of the buses (such as spoilt seats, non-working air-con, poor leg room in some retro-fitted buses etc) do not seem to be of concern to the management? Are we really paying for such appalling standards of bus services? Or is that their trump card for getting higher bus fares? Have they forgotten that they are here to provide us with transportation at affordable rates also?
And to think that with ever-increasing bus fares, we have to wait for buses, and buses are still as crowded (if not more) as always. Was it like that last time? Maybe if I were forgetful and running on RAM, I would think so...but NO! I've lived in the 90s and we've seen how different bus services were run then. Compared to now? Far from it...
Talking about SBS Transit, the whole argument on granting SBS Transit the right to run the NEL on the basis that it will 'spur competition'...I believe the statement is flawed. Why? SBS Transit owns more than 60% of the public transportation system here, and the NEL is one which people in the North-East use, so we can consider it as a monopoly of the NE public transportation system. Then in that case, by economics, monopoly sets market price above market equilibrium and results in dead weight loss for the society. True?
Well, have our dear public transport operators (and PTC) forgotten their role in providing public transport to the public? It's to provide affordable transport for us, not to make money!
Geez...and the mistake keeps coming...a vicious cycle...indeed.
---
I'm falling in love with the song below haha!
Current Music: 曹格&卓文萱 - 梁山伯与茱丽叶
Posted In:
Blurt*d
.
By Zεηιτħ
1 Response to
di...the title of tt song like wrong leh. i think it's supposed to be 梁山伯与朱丽叶~
Something to say?