Merry Merry Xmas!

I really dun have the feel of Xmas, and I've not really celebrated Xmas in a big way too...so it was a breakaway from 'tradition' that I managed to get my butt out of the comforts of home and mingle in the crowd.

The gathering was forewarned only 3 days ago, but the turn-out was pretty good, I must admit. 7 people for lunch at Chinatown, followed by a movie at The Cathay despite the drizzle, and then off to Marina Square for some chicken and the good 'ol irresistible mudpie!!!

Was late for the lunch meeting at noon with the 26th at Chinatown, 'cos I was preparing some stuff and helping mum (yes that's true ok!) with house chores, but managed to get there ASAP. Being a festive season, it is quite common to see Orchard Road packed with people, and Chinatown was similarly full of people as they thronged the streets and shopping centres there, despite the drizzle. I made my way to the People's Park Food Centre (after trying to find the correct Yong Tau Foo stall out of 5 there), and met Candice, Kheng Hui, Lai Yee, Lianguo, Shuang Hui and Wanling. And I was quite paisei to be late, being the organiser and all. So please dun kill me k?! But I was really surprised and happy at the turnout! 7 out of 13 possible! (Peiyu and Danny are on overseas duty).

Had my quick 'authentic' Hakka lunch and we all moved on to find a desert stall in Chinatown...after appearing on the opposite side of the street via the NEL station, 1 right turn, 1 left turn, 3 right turns, 1 left turn, 2 right turns later, we managed to find the stall! And dear SH had actually 'bashed' to find the stall (my guess is she roughly knew where the place was from LY's description). The deserts there were deliciously nice! Wow! Must try more in future!


Ling's favourite leeches...and MORE!


My bowl of desert - Mango with pomelo and sago!


All 6 of us (less KH, he left earlier)


After that, we parted ways, with Candice and LG going to Sim Lim/Bugis, Shuang going to her niece's house (play with baby!!! So cute!), KH having to go tuition (and he left before having a sniff at the desert...next time k?). So LY, WL and I decided to go downtown and see what movies there were, while we waited for Jorin. Besides, I had a discount on Cathay movie tickets, so it was much cheaper than usual la.

And when we reached The Cathay...



I know I've posted this pic before, but I decided to post again 'cos it's really nice! (ok the colour's alright to me, but it really looks like a gigantic candy floss!)

Despite a variety of timings, we could only find one movie - Deathnote2!!! - which suited our timings, and the movie had (apparently) started for about 5 minutes already, which meant...we had to hurry.

Looking at the long queue at the ground level, we decided to move to the 5th floor in the hope of 'jumping' the queue and getting the tickets ASAP. Luckily for us, there wasn't any queues (w00t!) and I managed to purchase the 3 tickets quickly! However, the downside was that it was situated at the extreme left side of the cinema, which meant that they're not the best seats in the house.

And right I was, with me just above the exit and barely able to see the whole screen (luckily I'm taller and seated at that seat!) and the movie was still starting, so we did not miss much of it.

I shall not talk much of the movie as of now, 'cos I'll bet there's like so many people out there who've yet to catch it, so I'll keep the suspense for now, but to tip u off, it's gonna end NOT the way the manga wrote la, so expect a movie-type ending.

After the movie, Ling and I bade farewell to LY (who's late for her meeting with her frens at AMK!) and we made our way down to meet Jorin at Raffles City...and in the drizzle, we saw...



Ok it's nothing mystifying and I'll bet a hundred bucks that most of you had passed by it along that stretch of road, but I still like this tree! (The one over at the Inter-Continental Hotel rocks more la! - Pun intended)

After going about at the new basement in Raffles City, we moved over to Marina Square via Citylink to find a dining area, and it was really crowded below! This was probably due to the drizzle on the street level, forcing people to go indoors...What's Xmas without some outdoor fun? It sorta ruins the mood, so I was hoping the weather would change for the better...

Was at Marina Square and we explored the area. The central area was decked in shades of violet and purple, and it was really a great colour! Walking around, we decided to spend less on the dinner, and reserve more money for the deserts! So we happily had our chicky meal at Cavana.


Interesting lights of Marina Square


Terrorist spotted? Even has laser scope! Wow...


Walked around and chatted a bit, the 3 of us having not met up together for some time already. Passed by a cafe with "live" band and the songs sang by the singer was amazing...which remind me of KTV and K-boxing. Always wondered whether I can even sing at that level, but I guess we all have to try and practice, right?

As we went over to the Coffee Club at Millenia Walk, we realised that it had just opened for business! The deco was amazing! There was a portion which was decked in grey/green and seemed more casual, and then there was this portion which was totally orange! I love orange! Furthermore, it seemed like a part for large groups to gather and chat, with the space allocated to it and the design. Lastly, there was also this part of the cafe which made one seem as though they are watching TV, with the comfortable round seats and all!


The orangey place for large groups!


The nice TV-like seats


Whilst waiting for Xingfang to appear after her caroling, Jorin ordered her mudpie and I ordered a drink 'cos I'm like totally thirsty. Tried the Passion Fruit Tea with vanilla ice-cream, and it was really shiok! Just love the taste of passion fruit! The sweet taste...refreshing!

Talked about random stuff...piano, music, the past...if I could turn back time, maybe I would have taken a different path? Now's the time for us to look back and reflect, but can I do anything now? Maybe not...


Me, Jorin, Wanling


Mudpie!!!!


Xingfang, Me, Jorin, Wanling


On our special guest's arrival, she promptly ordered her mudpie, and I ordered mine too 'cos I saw hers being a bigger portion than that served to Jorin. Mudpie was as delicious as ever, though I've eaten bigger portions at the Holland Village and Marina Square outlets. For those, it was rather difficult *ahem* to finish it by yourself!

After the food's down into the stomach, we just chatted...it's so nice, I really wished I had more time to chat with friends, to chill out, no work to do, no studies to care, and no worries...yet they are beckoning me with each day as we step closer to the start of a new term. We were reminiscing on the first birthdays which we celebrated for Wanling and Jorin, and how we managed to trick the unknowing ger into going for a 'meeting' when one wasn't present; how Jorin rejected my 'request' for help on my bio module (yea she offered to help during the sem!) but could not do so and was wondering why I did not understand, and when she knew the truth she was kinda shocked la; how we did the KTV surprise for Jorin... They're all nice memories we share, and I really cherish them!

Went our separate ways on leaving the Coffee Club, XF going to Bishan for her Deathnote2 movie with her friend, Jorin off to meet her friends...Ling and I took 190 and tried to see the lights for Xmas, but it's a pity that we were on the wrong road. However, we saw the huge crowd moving en masse towards Ngee Ann City (XF said it's super crowded as she did her caroling there, and thus we did not go on foot), with police deployed, some of them strutting batons and bullet-proof vests.

Thanks for spending the day with me, 26th...really miss all of you! Here's me wishing you all a Merry Merry Xmas!

Back home, managed to hear from Ling that she reached home on time (yea the 灰姑娘) and I showered and snuggled on the nice couch to watch TV...Channel 5 was showing Love Actually and The Family Man. Nice movies, and I really enjoyed them (with all the festive and family themes in it)!

Nice weather to sleep...zzz... But it's been a wonderful day!

Current Mood: Festive

Current Music: 2moro - Peng You Chu Qu Zou Zou