Of Lettuce and Long Queues...

I hate people who misuse the AXS Machine!!! The AXS Machine is meant for people to collect the tickets they've booked online, if the booking collection queue is long, and if you really want to know which movies still have seats, can you just make a couple of strides over to the walk-in counters to do so?!?!? It's really a pain in the ass when there is a long queue in front of the AXS machine in GV Vivocity, with 4 people (I suppose they looked like 20+++???) trying to buy (or view?) tickets for the movies, while the rest of the people were waiting patiently behind them!

And gosh..maybe they did that 'cos the walk-in queue was really too long. It was madness. And it was just 4pm in the afternoon, on a Wednesday.

I seriously wondered why people never told them to hurry up, or the GV staff never offered to help them, who were clearly wasting time and having their faces stuck right in front of the that small pathetic screen. Perhaps it's in our nature not to stir trouble?

I stood there for barely a minute, and seeing that they are still fiddling with the touchscreen with little success, I decided to move on to the online ticket collection queue instead. At least, I was able to get my tickets EVEN BEFORE those 4 left the AXS machine. Pathetic.

That aside, finally met up with my jie to watch Protégé...



I must say it's a nice movie! Though I was wondering why is Daniel Wu at the side of the poster when he's seemingly the main lead in the movie? Andy Lau's cool as a drug dealer, and I must applaud his speech on anti-smoking. (Maybe we can use that in future anti-smoking campaigns?) Anita "MIA" Yuen was a bit disappointing as her role did not seem of much importance, and Louis Koo was really a bit-part player in this stellar (?) cast. Well...balancing 5 stars in a single movie isn't easy, but I think they managed to pull it off.

I particularly liked Zhang Jingchu's character, her role as a single parent mum (till Louis Koo came back in her life) struggling with providing her daughter with a decent life, and her life being messed by drugs...At least there was some dignity left in her when she died. It was quite sad that her character had to die in the hands of her husband, who was caught trafficking drugs to Singapore (lol). The sight of Louis Koo sweating like crazy was quite funny.

Loneliness is more powerful and scarier than drugs? That seems like the theme for the movie, and that's why people turn to drug to escape loneliness. Simple yet straight-to-your face message.

A gory part of the movie was how the cop's hand was whacked off while attempting to open a lock (wah lao...where got people do that one?) and how another cop was trying to shoot to open the door, and the bullets ricocheted off the door instead and hit his colleague. And another, on how Andy Lau's character died by cutting his own throat with a piece of tile from the toilet.

All in all, a wonderful movie. 4 out of 5 stars!



Post-movie dinner was great! Tried out Kim Gary's and after a short wait, we managed to get a seat. Seemed quite similar to the one I ate in KL previously, with all the cheese baked rice and such. After that, we popped by Giant Hypermart to get some stuff for Eup's mom, and waited for 30 minutes for lettuce which never arrived! Apparently the person thought we wanted parsley, then celery. Sheesh...Next time if there aint any more vegetables left on the racks, it just means it's sold out. lol.

Current Mood: Awake