4th post for the Movie Marathon mania...woohoo! (I din even know that it would be a marathon till I realised I've been catching 4 movies in 4 days. lol)
This time round I'm introducing...*drum roll*...The Pursuit of Happyness! 
"And it was at that time that I thought about Thomas Jefferson writing that Declaration of Independence. Him saying that we have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I thought about how he knew to put the 'pursuit' in there, like no one can actually have happiness. We can only pursue it."
It was a heartwarming and emotionally engaging for me, not simply a rags-to-riches story, but more of a story where it tells us that life is full of possibility if you put your heart into it and don't give up. Like when you do not get As for your exams, does it mean you're doomed? I'm now thinking twice about this now, because, to quote Adidas, "Nothing is Impossible".
So what is possibly? Possibly is a high chance, and probably means there's almost no chance. Well, just something I've learnt from the movie itself. But the inspiring message about the implacable power of love and determination drives home, and I'm sure the audience in the cinema were astounded at how Christopher Gardner faced adversity and managed to overcome the odds to pull through, sell his remaining bone density scanners, and deal with a rocky financial situation, all the while trying to keep his son happy.
There's no "Y" in happiness, only "I".
How true.

I thank Liyang for this picture hehe.
This movie is meaningful and I'm sure it is applicable to all people...in fact I was asking Ruhui if it ever is possible that a person like Gardner in OUR society were able to rebound from all those setbacks (or equivalent) and rise to his current status...Seems impossible, and I must say that he sure has a good deal of luck!
One of the best quotes of the film, "You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period."
Maybe I should start believing in all these. Preserve on and you'll succeed (eventually). Fight on. Believe in yourself. Be good with people and do things with great determination. Lastly, protect my dream...
A night of ponderment again

Current Mood:
PensiveCurrent Music: Sun Yan Zi - Ni Guang
0 Responses to
Something to say?