Taman Negara was fun! Super fun indeed. A place meant for pure relaxation, but it sucks to the max too! (Pun intended.) It's really a place for tourists and people on field trips (esp. Geography) and the atmosphere there is fantastic! Though it rained on the first day when we reached, the weather became much better over the course of 3 days and we enjoyed every single bit of it! Not to mention, having super 'high' participants helped :P
Over 3 days there, we managed to do caving at Gua Telinga, then went on for a nightwalk in the jungle nearby (and we saw lotsa stick insects, spiders and even glow-in-the-dark mushrooms!). Also had the chance to play around in rivers (which had leeches also! o.O) and climbed one of the mountains nearby. The canopy walk was definitely the highlight of the trek. It was amazing to be amongst the top of the trees, and to peer down, a long long way down. Kinda reminiscent of the Tree-top walk at MacRitchie, but the trees there were much more taller and the view was great...you could see the nearby river even!
And some of the more adventurous people decided to try out swimming at the nearby river, which kinda 'failed' since the current was so strong and we were barely staying at our positions. If we swam, we would probably be back at the Chalet, being pushed by the current. That would've been some news!

The new drink from MacDonalds' Malaysia. Reminds me of the super green green tea. And there are tiny bits of jelly floating inside! A drink worthy of being Shrek-ed.

Floating restaurants of Taman Negara

Falling...

The hen and her chicks (they ran away from the camera!)

Mangoes?

Taman's version of Banana Pancake ;)

Our boat ride!

Orang Asli huts

That's a super duper big gigantic tree behind me!

Bats in the cave. Looks like they are stunned.

Field repair of sandals
Not to forget...I had to constantly repair sandals. Think I 'mended' 3 or more of them during the trek, and I think I can start to open a sandals-repair service sooner or later. I just need the materials and some money...Won't that be a great venture?

Spider vs Grasshopper


On the boat!

On the way up...

Reached!

At the top!

Group pic :P

Oooh

Featuring...the canopy walk!

Banana Pancake @ Jerantut. See the difference!

Sarah and Yanxuan in their bumper car
It was definitely an enjoyable trip! Dang...I wanna nuah @ Taman Negara again...good food, good place!
2 Responses to
Haha.. Your pictures remind me of my trip there. The bats, the floating restaurants (those the food there kinda sucks, I think), the canopy walk..Waaaa... Ya damn fun.. =) I enjoyed it too..
But then I came back that time with v v v v v bad rashes.. Did any of you all get it.. If any of you got it, please go see doc asap.. Cos it spreads damn fast and it ll creep up your face even..
heys!!!
I never really realised that you read my blog! Must read more often k ;)
It's nice wor...I think it's a very enjoyable place, at least for the first time you go there. Haha.
I dun think any of my participants came down with rashes, though they were having legs with lotsa leech (love) bites :P
Something to say?