Good luck

Phew...A rush of good luck for me today. Simply cannot believe it.

Woke up early in the morning today to take the train from Nieuw-Vennep to Eindhoven via Utrecht with Aunt Babe. Being an early morning train (7.15am!!), it was rather crowded and full of working people (in their suits and ties, and the ladies all dressed nicely). Nicole was kind enough to wake up early to help in the transportation of my bag using her bicycle, but I was kinda paisei also la (Beauty Sleep lehs).

Aunt Babe was with me through about a third of the journey, the remainder of the journey was kinda boring for me, as there was no nice scenery around and it was kinda cloudy for the whole of the morning. Nearly fell asleep, in fact. But luckily, I had my book to keep me awake. Haha.



There was, in fact, another student studying Masters in TU/e sitting behind me, and he had just arrived in Amsterdam and making his way to TU/e also. He's from India, and luckily, he had arranged for a meeting with the TU/e International Office, and a Mr Ward from the IO had driven the vehicle to pick him up. So luckily for me, I could put my luggage on the vehicle, get a ride to TU/e (instead of walking), and settle some stuff at the university.

First, I placed my bags and seeing that it was still early to meet the administrators, I went over to Vestide to get my keys to the accommodation. I walked, and it was a great one too! The weather was cooling so I did not break out a sweat, and I passed by the shopping district (city centre of Eindhoven) and the Philips Stadium (home to PSV Eindhoven!) Soon, I managed to get my stuff, and returned to TU/e, stopping by for a snack.


Eindhoven


Spent some time trying to settle my administrative issues and to get an internet connection, it was to no avail. In the end I went back to the IO place to get my luggage, and I was in luck once again - another student who was helping out was free, and he offered me a ride to my apartment, which was very much appreciated since I need not lug my luggage over. Haha! Somehow, I wished that I had brought my other luggage along this very day. Sighs.

After settling down my stuff and cleaning up the room a bit (the room's clean!!), I walked over to the nearby strip for shopping and finding my pre-paid card for the local line which I intend to have. And I met Mr Smith, a friendly old Dutch guy who brought me to Woenselse Markt and Kruisstraat to introduce me to the supermarkets there. Quite a nice guy, and I managed to get my pre-paid call SIM card soon enough.


My apartment's on the top right ;)


My room


After that, I bade farewell to him and moved on to TU/e (yes back again!) to meet my study advisor Mrs Ingreborg, got my student cards and also managed to get my proposed schedule (for 3 modules). Also managed to setup my laptop with help from the Computer Centre guys.



After that, I made my way back to the supermarkets, and went to shop for some food to cook. There were 2 chinese supermarkets there, as well some other cheap supermarkets like Aldi, and they all close at 1800hrs! Dang. Luckily I was still in time to get some groceries and food for tomorrow, so I was pretty much set.

Might need to eat out for lunch, din get bread. Grrr.

Reached home and met my room-mate Emma, she's a China girl from Shenzhen studying in another university near TU/e. Quite a chatty person, but imposing I guess. Haha. Had dinner together and it was simple and edible. Lol.

The night is long! I realised it because it was 9pm, and it was still bright. Look below:


Had time to chat with some late night owls from SG, but most of them were kinda asleep by the time I was online. Those overseas in the USA were much more easy to talk to, like Arvind, Patrick and Junyong.

Damn. I need a factory outlet store.

Current Mood: Happy

Current Music: Lifehouse - First Time