cold day...

Woke up at 8am to a cold cold day. A surprise that I woke up on time, considering that I've been in the Netherlands for barely 3 days. Went online to see whether my parents and friends were online, and talked to some, like Weili, Mark and my parents. The weather outside was cold, like air-con, and I had to go to school in 2 hours. Dang.

Oh and did you know that the Dutch have certain days in which the rubbish collection companies go out to collect rubbish? Like Tuesdays are for household waste, Thursday is for newspaper collection, etc...So does it meant that the rubbish collectors only work once a week??


Morning Breakfast!


It's rubbish collection day today!


Park in neighbourhood


Nice red house!


Went to TU/e in the morning to meet Mrs Ingeborg regarding my study plans, and it was more or less clear to me this time round. She's quite patient and it was really good to exchange students like us, who are totally unsure and unclear of what's happening!

After having a lunch, where I bought some sausages and coquettes and packed my own buns. Quite simple, and it was about €3.50. Quite decent price too, but I think I can survive if I had packed 3 pieces of buns instead. Haha.

Later on, we had an introduction to the faculty done by Mrs Ingeborg, and I met other exchange students there - Ondery and Mike from Czech Republic, and 2 more Bachelor students from Turkey. After the introduction and the visit to Japie (think ChESS in dutch terms), we went outside the building, where we met this other Turkish (forgot his name too!!!) doing his internship in TU/e after his exchange period was over. He mentioned 3 girls from NUS the previous semester, which immediately led me to think he knew Zhi Yi and her friends.

Went to the Auditorium to have a cuppa tea, and we chit-chatted on life in Eindhoven, things to do in Eindhoven, how things work in this place, as well as travelling plans (Well I'm more into the travelling planning. haha)

After the meet-up, the turkish guys left, and I was with the Czechs, who wanted to get a local line. Well, I had gotten mine, and I was pretty much free, so I volunteered to walk with them to purchase their pre-paid SIM cards. After which, we exchanged numbers, and I went to get groceries from the supermarkets before they close. Luckily, I had more time to think and choose, so I got myself some eggs, minced pork, sausages, potatoes, peanut butter and bread for tomorrow's lunch.


Reichtestraat


Under a bridge


And as I stepped out of the supermarket, it started to drizzle. Dang. I quickly doubled my pace (limited pace due to the load I'm carrying - 3kg of potatoes!!!) and tried to reach home in the shortest time possible. Luckily, it did not rain too heavily and I managed to reach the safety of my apartment.

After placing my groceries in the fridge/cupboard, I proceeded to cook my dinner, since my roomie aint back it's easier to cook my food, and I aint wanting to cook after it's dark!


The Kitchen


This is dinner


Ok... I think it was a rather good attempt (got people say so!!! I've got evidence! haha) with potatoes, egg and noodles. Wanted to make it as cheap as possible, and also to try out the potatoes and eggs which I just bought. Apparently the egg has dark orange yolks o.O And I wanted to use the sausages, but just did not know how to cook the entire length (because once you open it up you have to cook the entire length right??) Therefore, I hesitated with the sausages and just dumped in the noodles. Problem is, I'm having too much starch and carbohydrates in my meal, which is bad because they add bulk. Ugh. And Junyong was complaining of french fries. Seems like the food which I can cook will be severely tested -.-"

Current Mood: Full

Current Music: Wang Lee Hom - Luo Ye Gui Gen