Packing my stuff...

When I got my approval for SEP last semester, I couldn't believe it and couldn't contain my joy, at getting a placement in an overseas university. After all, I wished to really get a chance to be overseas and learn more about other countries' culture and society. It's definitely going to be a great learning experience, or so I believed.

As time passed, more stuff kept popping up. Rovers, treks, camps, orientation period. And while correspondence with the University there was slow and inefficient (Who thinks that NUS is more inefficient? I think NUS is quite good le...lol), I managed to map 4 of my core modules over, with some help from my lecturer.

But...as the date draws nearer, I realise that I'm actually leaving behind a lot of stuff...family, friends, Rovers, trek buddies, freshies whom I've just met and got to know, etc...

It's a wonder how your personal feelings for the impending overseas trip can change so rapidly.

As I'm packing and writing this post, I also realise how much I miss some of my friends, or going to miss them. At the very least, there is the almighty handphone here should the person not be free to go on MSN, or check the mail. Over there, gosh, I think Skype and MSN are the only tools to keep yourself sanely connected (somehow) with the people in Singapore.

Not to mention, things might just change.

A little uneasiness...a little wish that I had done more previously than just realising it now.

Time...time.

Okay, back to packing. Managed to get my main suitcase weighed and it was about 19kg. And that's prolly the winter clothes and doesn't include the normal daily wear! (E.g. t-shirts, jeans, socks, shorts, slippers, footwear, etc) Managed to get a MP3 player (Sansa 2gb), webcam (Creative) and a portable hdd, so that's kinda it.

And there's more things to get...
1) Watch (OMG)
2) Tupperware/storage box for sandwiches
3) Locks (more of those! for the luggage and bikes)
4) Pull-over
5) Cloth pouch (put on ur butt/body)

And more things to come are: IPPT, Rovers AGM.

I wanna meet more friends...but limited time. Sighs.

Current Mood: Confused Soul

Current Music: Redwan Ali - Would You Be There