Posted In:
Europ*ng
.
By Zεηιτħ
On Timeline: 13-17 Sep 2007
Photos from my trip to Denmark. Visited Lisheng and his friend Anthony, both from NUS, in Lyngby. Travelled and visited Copenhagen, Malmö, Helsingør, and the Deer Park (Dyrehavsbakken). Covered quite a lot of ground (I think) and if I had more time I would really love to explore the rest of Denmark (e.g. Legoland!!!), but time wasn't on my side...
So here's some pictures to whet your appetites whilst the rest come in...haha.
Sterling flight
Very little leg room. But comfortable for me to sleep for an hour!
Denmark's "klipkart"
Trains in Denmark look like this
TOTO anyone?
Carlsberg, probably the best beer in the world.
Malmö in Sweden is connected to Copenhagen by the Regiontoget line, which has fast trains running every 20 mins. And the speed of the trains is super fast la! Managed to get over to Malmö within 1hr plus! And along the way, while crossing the straits, you should look out over the horizon and see if you can notice the wind turbines off in the distance (possibly on some island?). And to me, they seem just smack in the middle of the ocean, with their great blades spinning continuously.
Carl X Gustav statue

Malmo Town Hall (Rådhuset)

Water Fountain
Baghdad shop?
Windmill @ Malmöhus
Malmöhus Castle
HSB Turning Torso
This leads to a sauna. Can ya believe it?
Woah this meal was cheap! ('cos I got the 40% off!)
Statues of a band procession
On the trip home!
As you can see from some of the pictures, I was wearing my rain-jacket...'cos it RAINED! V.V Practically walked in the rain for 2.5 to 3 hours because of the pouring, cold rain. As if it's not enough, it's windy and chilly too! My watch registered 12 degrees for the surrounding temperature, but I'd bet that it's much much lower than that!
However, I managed to stay pretty dry for the rest of the day, due to my rain-jacket and zip-on trackpants which I've always brought with me. Definitely put to good use, tested and proven? (lol) Only things which are wet were my socks and shoes, because I did not expect rain and thus, did not wear my trek boots.
After the wet wet day in Malmö, the next day was a Copenhagen City Tour, starting from Carlsberg (probably the best beer in the world). It was a very informative tour...and just staring in awe of how beer production matured and commercialised over the years...from being a home-brewed product, it's now manufactured on a worldwide basis in huge breweries!

Carlsberg Laboratory
Old Ford T
Carlsberg!
Tickets to Carlsberg
Bottles of beer!
Lisheng and Triton
Me and the Saax Blonde

NY Carlsberg Glyptotek
Now there' the 'new'(NY) and 'old'(Gamme) Carlsberg, the 'old' one attributed to the father, and the 'new' to his son. After the death of his father, they were merged as one, and it stayed all the way till now.
After the tour of Carlsberg and boozing in the midst of the morning, we made our way towards the city centre, where we started off from the Tivoli Gardens, and made a long walk from there till the site of the Little Mermaid, passing by some attractions like the National Museum, Christanborg Palace, New Harbour and many more. The walk was not long, I think we walked for about 3 hours, and the rest of the time was spent taking pictures, staring in awe of the huge structures (I wonder how they build those huge clock towers in the past?!) and looking at the scenery.
And did you know that parts of Denmark are used in the writings of Hans Christian Andersen? Go check the books out! *hint*Hamlet*hint*

NY Carlsberg Glyptotek (left) and Tivoli Gardens (right)
Lisheng, Anthony, Me

Christianborg

View from Christianborg

Christianborg Palace (bottom half)
Inside the hole
Me and the Little Mermaid (this is featured in H.C. Andersen's writings!)
Holding the Little Mermaid...gingerly
Hiding in that small hole!
Fireworks at Tivoli
Outside Tivoli after the fireworks display
Current Mood:
MellowCurrent Music: Shayne Ward - Something Worth Living For
4 Responses to
haha rmb my berke hole?
lai.
Yea I remember! So reminiscent. lol.
hahah i like the mermaid pic! with u holding the mermaid. hahahaha it made me laugh!!
its cool that you are seeing so much more than u can in singapore =) but i think im too humji to be alone overseas
im scared of not being able to go home!
jas
hey Jas! Welcome to the blog! hehe...Well luckily I travelled with friends...else I doubt I can take the mermaid pic...haha. Laughter is good! :)
Hmm yeap I guess I see more, but I spend more too =( I'm alone overseas (which sucks) and travelling alone most of the time (sucks also) and being independent (OMG). So I guess when I return home...I'm just gonna revert back to a slack-a-holic. HAHA! :P
Something to say?