Off in Denmark!

Doing a quick update via Lisheng's LAN connection, and to think that 3 days has passed me by so fast (and yea...time to go back to studies ).

But it was fun, and the entire trip was memorable, for all different reasons. Haha. For starters...

- My bicycle decided to give up on me and I had to get a new one. R.I.P. Had to fork out another 40 euros for the bike, and I hope it works well!!! Dang. Gonna do a free tire change this coming week though.

- Met my friend Loan at Eindhoven station, and she was on her way home towards Amsterdam Centraal. It was quite a coincidence, and we managed to chat (yea! seldom do u chat to school people I guess...esp. since I din know much ppl there. hehs). We met up with this Italian couple and the guy was asking whether the train went to Amsterdam Centraal, but it did not, and Loan kindly took them with her after she alighted at Utrecht. And chugging up towards Amsterdam Zuid, I realised that the train was not on its original route when I did not see Amsterdam Zuid or Amsterdam ArenA, but Amsterdam Centraal!!! OMG. I was wondering if I could even get to the airport in time. Gosh. Luckily, I managed to.

- Schiphol had 3 terminals, and I was kinda confused how to get there. Luckily I managed to find my way around.

- My boots which I wore into Changi Airport did not give a beep at all...but at Schiphol's security check the alarms went off. Subjected to a thorough search ain't my idea of a great holiday, and the police officer certainly left no place unchecked. I told him that maybe it's the boots, but he was not having any of that.

- The Sterling flight arrived slightly late, and it was certainly going by the creed of budget flights - it landed and then took off within 2 hours!

- The train system in Denmark is such that you get zone tickets which are "clicked". Similar to the Strippenkart system in the Netherlands, but this applies for the buses and the trains! And the trips on trains here are definitely cheaper! 36 DKK from the airport to Lyngby versus €10.60 for a trip up to Amsterdam from Eindhoven.

- Walked in the rain in Malmö for 3 hours...and it was 17°C! Battling strong winds and rain together is a no-no. But luckily I was almost fully protected, save for my shoes, becuase I was not wearing the Goretex boots. -.- Ended up with wet feet! But packing for rainy weather really helped loads!

- Strong winds on Saturday in Copenhagen really reduces the distance covered. But beer really helps keep one warm throughout the day (till the effect wears off!)

- All you can eat pizza buffet reminds me of the one in Pizza Hut! Haha!

Managed to cover quite a number of places over these 3 days - Malmö, Copenhagen, Klampenborg, Helsingor. Too bad I did not manage to get to Hillerod on time.

Damn sleepy now...gonna upload the photos when I'm home! Till then...

Current Music: Tang Yu Zhe - Zhui Ai Hai Shi Ni