You must be wondering why am I posting at a god-forsakened time on a Wednesday morning.
Reason: Had a little too much beer to drink yesterday. In fact, I think my limit for beer is pretty low. Sheesh.
Felt the effects of alcohol yesterday after the party called "The Matrix" held at this pub in the TU/e (yea! Pub IN the school!), which was organised by the student association JAPIE. And to cycle home after drinking...OMG.
Actually, joining such events with little knowledge of the language the dudes are speaking is technically a no-no, 'cos you'll just be left in your own world and you will barely understand what they are talking, unless they do not mind conversing with you, and ALSO you need to know ppl who are going (and that makes absolute sense 'cos you wont know ppl in a new environment yea?)
Actually, I was there not because I knew about it, but because Chris (my lab group mate) invited me because he had a spare entry ticket (which also entitles the person to 4 rounds of beer). Also saw Karel and Joris (lab group mates) and also Chris' friends in Kekule (a student fraternity) - Leon (PhD student working in TUe) and the rest. But it was definitely an eye-opener. It seems like Europeans tend to be more open after drinking. Haha.
And the event is well-supported (apparently) 'cos of the cheap beer (1 Euro a glass) and the event of the night HAS TO BE...*drum roll*...the beer drinking competition.
Basically, it's a fun contest with free beer for all. lol!
Gosh...have to prepare for the lesson later. Geez. Too much beer helps in sleeping though. Had a REALLY GOOD AND DEEP sleep. Haha.

Start of drinking competition

Topping up

Chris, Me, Leon
Ok...I definitely look short here. But I guess almost all the Dutch I see are tall, and Asians really stand out (cos we're shorter. lol). Furthermore, their beer tolerance is higher than us, and they really (literally) dump beer into their stomach. Geez. I heard it's 'cos Asians lack a certain enzyme. haha.
Current Mood:
Awake...for now
0 Responses to
Something to say?