Army Boot Camp?

Went for a course organised by the Students Sports Centre in Eindhoven, called Outdoors. Well, I thought since I was getting fat and having less of a workout (except on backpacking trips where I've to lug my whole bag with me the whole day), I should sign up for a (belated) student sports card and get some activities under my belt.

And being from Rovers Adventure Club, I thought it would be fun if the course was something similar to ours, or maybe it would be like Scouting? Who knows?

And I went with enthusiasm and in high spirits.

Apparently, it was totally different. Well, not quite TOTALLY, but it's a kind of surreal feeling which I get from the training. It seemed like an Army Boot Camp, or ABC for short.

Why do I say so?

The trainings were not just about the woods, it included obstacle courses, like climbing the rope and doing a roll-over above, as well as moving the logs from one place to another, and good 'ol all-terrain running in the woods.

Well terrain running for me would be good if I knew what surface to expect, had better shoes, and was dressed for it.

Apparently I should've gotten myself a pair of running tights, the ones which are full length and protect ur legs from scratches by the tall grass in the woods near TU/e. And it would serve to be useful whilst climbing the ropes, as I've now battle-scars to prove that I've gone through all that without any long pants. Damn.

And above all, it felt like Army because the obstacle clearing really seemed like SOC to me. Hurhur. Just that the obstacles are bigger, higher and wider. Not to mention, more interesting and innovative?!

But it was fun. Had a great work out and there was hardly sweat broken out. Might consider going for the course again...who knows?

But they do have similarities with Rovers...they do various outdoor stuff aside from the trainings, for example rafting, abseiling and hiking up mountains! Now that's cool! Would love to join people to go up mountains! *happy*

Current Mood: Sore