An orh-cheh-fied adventure

The poster read...Indoor Skiing...and the rest is in Dutch. Forgive me if I cannot read further, because other than the place (Bottrop, Germany), price (€38.50) and the date (27 Nov) for the event, I had absolutely no clue whatsoever about the event. Except, of course, that it's an indoor skiing event organised by one of the students' club in TU/e.

And I gamely signed up. Din know what to expect, just felt that the indoor area would prolly be more suitable for me since I did not know how to ski!

And I pulled Joanna along. Luckily for her, there room for one more on the bus and she could get into the event. And that meant that I'm not the only non-European dude there. Haha!

The bad thing was that the bus was late by an hour, and there was a huge crowd there! When my bus arrived, there were about 9 other coaches parked in the huge carpark, and it took me some time to get into the ski center. And for that, I was late for my lesson and I was not allowed to take it. Sheesh.

Anyway...we had fun! Well, learning skiing yourself sure is tough. Getting to 'walk' up the slope was tough, braking was worse! Especially when I came down the slopes at high speeds...

And I fell down not once, not twice, but three times! Dang. And the third time hurt the most cos I fell down, and I was like..."OOWWWWWW...." My left butt hurt, and after the entire skiing thing was over, I realised that it was a fresh wound with skin which seemed to be scraped off, and an orh-cheh below it.

Dang...


The crazy slope we had to climb up!


Indoor skiing!


My equipment!


Me after an hour of skiing and trying to move around with 2 extended stuff stuck on my feet -.-


Joanna, resting...prolly :P


Readying...


Yay!


And after the ski slopes closed at midnight, we had about an hour to chill out prior to boarding the buses. And there was a pub and dance floor in the indoor ski centre! Gosh! U wonder what is the dance floor there for!

And imagine people partying with their ski pants and shoes on (well i'm a little far-fetched with the ski shoes...lol)

And the event closed with us boarding the bus for Eindhoven, and within 2 hrs (or less) we were transported back to cold Eindhoven, ready for the next day in...let's see, 4 hours? haha!

It was definitely fun! But I do know that if I ski outdoors, I would need to know how to break! DEFINITELY!

I dun wanna crash into a tree -.-"

Current Mood: Nursing the orh-ba-ka

Current Music: Westlife - Something Right