Time flies...

This blog entry transpired out of a very simple conversation I had with Chee Hau, as I was asking him which university he was in in Hungary, since I read from Weihuang's blog that he's going to the same country also. So, I though since they're prolly the same university in question, I should check out with CH and see which university he is in.

It's really interesting how time flies past here. Whilst our NUS friends are busy mugging for their exams now (same for the NTU and SMU peeps), we're here...trying to sort out the last 2 months of our exchange with regards to...






CHRISTMAS PLANS


Well..for those who are on exchange, or WERE on exchange before, what were your first thoughts on stepping foot abroad? As Peiyu would say, step by step... and yes it's kinda true, it's a step out of our comfort zone called Singapore, and another step into a foreign land, with totally different languages and culture.

Culture-shock on the first day? Definitely.
Unsure what to do on arrival? I bet you were.
Having orientation problems? Sure!
Difficult to converse with the locals? Well...if u aint in England or USA, I THINK so...unless u know their language.

For those who've ventured abroad and went to countries which you knew little about it beforehand, save for their famous exports and their capital city, I applaud you for the bold decision to shoulder on and dive into the entire culture there.

I thought time passed by me pretty fast. Well apart from the regular classes which I had to deal with, as well as the projects, essays, readings, MadlabMatlabbing stuff to handle, there were plannings for trips to be done and the mad rush when there's a flight to catch. Europe's like a huge playground for me...and I think I can roughly list the places I've been to, and I've enjoyed each and every city/town, because each one exudes its own inner beauty...

Copenhagen, Helsingor (Denmark), Malmo (Sweden), Paris, Versailles, Fontainebleau (France), Berlin, Munich, Konstanz, Freiburg (Germany), Zurich, Bern, Basel, Interlaken, Grindelwald, Luzern, Geneve (Switzerland), Madrid, Segovia, Avila, Barcelona, Tarragona (Spain).

And how can I forget the country which I am in, the country famed for weed, lesbians and gays? Oh, and we often associate the Netherlands with "Holland", orange colour, as well as windmills and Dutch milkmaids.

Perceptions. Definitely. Some were reinforced, some were changed. A fulfilling experience till today, and a love-hate relationship I have with my SEP experience here also.

Anyway, the conversation which sparked this idea, must be placed here ;)

ME: i just told him i know of ppl who went hungary lor
CH: he's as crazy and adventurous as me
CH: haha
CH: i salute him
CH: did you have that kind of "what the hell am i doing here" feeling on the first day of arrival?

ME: for me..it was surreal
ME: it was like...WAIT...i'm in EUROPE!

CH: it sure did for me
ME: maybe i shld blog on THAT
CH: the language was unnavigable
CH: and everything was foreign
CH: crapz
CH: now it's like nothing
CH: so funny

ME: yea mans
ME: i shld blog on that. u just gave me an inspiration


Credit goes to Chee Hau for inspiring me for this blog entry.

To all those battling hard in NUS, gambatte! And for those on exchange, enjoy your exchange dudes!! Gonna be doing indoor-skiing tml!

Current Mood: In thought

Current Music: 苏打绿 - 无与伦比的美丽