Culture shock


I'm back! (feeling narcissistic lol)


Am having another wave of culture shock...this time on my return to Singapore.

Not that I've not come to this island of Singapore before, I've lived here all my life, and yet, when I enter Singapore, I get this funny feeling of going to a totally new place once again...

For example, seeing old uncles and aunties working hard at preparing the airport for yet another new day, for the thousands of passengers passing through not 2, but 3 terminals of Singapore.

And the multi-racial, multi-cultural society of Singapore.

And how this staff from Changi Airport absolutely did not bother to move his hand to replace the fallen trays he had just knocked over...instead he just clutched his foot. I mean, I know your foot is in pain, but at least have the decency to put all the fallen trays back up, right??? I couldn't stand it and I helped replace part of the trays to the stack, thinking he would do so.

Well, he didn't. And the lady next to him stood at the very same location as him, and never bothered to lift a finger even. Too bad, my food came along and I took my food over to my table, but I was curious as to whether SGreans will do something about the mess.

Well, 3 people stood in the vicinity, and none of them bothered. They just left the mess as it was...and 5 mins later the cleaner came by and stacked the trays up.

So what do u lose by doing such a basic 'menial' thing as to stack up the trays u see lying in a mess? And more so if you are the cause of the problem???



Pictures show a dozen words...




Pathetic society.