Pain shot through both my legs, twice, throughout the competition. Once, it was both thighs, after we exited the forst. The other, when we were just 200m to the finishing line, both calves had to cramp. And I was like "Wad the f*k! So near still cramp!" to my tired body.
But the "We Can" spirit was certainly demonstrated by the fightin' spirit of my team, and I'm really proud to be running side by side with these guys.
Maybe I wasnt conditioned that well as them.
Started off by the run into the forest, we were the 2nd team behind 4SIR Team2, which entered first (they had a short guy running with an ALICE pack o.O), and another team from NSDC closing on us fast. But I guess the worst thing was to be stopped at each waypoint waiting for the personnel to stamp out the no. on the logsheet for me. Definitely wasted time. In the end, I had to run to catch up with the rest. Really a no-brainer, and I guess that's where my 'downfall' came. Each time I caught up, I was stopped at the next checkpoint. And more teams passed by me each minute. Not a healthy sight, but as we werent aiming to be the top few, we let them pass.
Before the race, our aim was to finish. Winning wasn't important. Logisticans vs Combatants. This competition was for ADF's taking, definitely. And 1SIR and 4SIR up there with them too. Why? 'Cos this involved jungle trekking/running, chionging of 'sua', Range, Casevac and SOC.
But we had some points to improve, should we decide to take part in the next competition. One was to train up earlier, prepare for more running training in SBO/FBO so that all people are used to the weight.
Another is to get used to the SOC/casevac of personnel also. Range is another factor. I'd admit that most of us were quite tired by the end of the march to the range, and that affected our score terribly. 51 outta 90 shots on target.
Nevertheless, we came, we saw, we participated, we finished. That's all it matter.
Added to the fact, we got ourselves in 20th placing outta 50 teams ^_^v
Now, just to rest my body, both legs still aching -.-'
Current Music: Arisaka Mika - Toki no Sabaku
0 Responses to
Something to say?