Posted In:
Runs
.
By Zεηιτħ
Did a run around the rear of NUS (okay, you might question where the rear of NUS might be, I would just define it as the area near KR Hall, along Pasir Panjang Road).
Since it was my maiden run in school, I had to explore. Exploring in the sense of getting my feel of how the slopes were in school.
And boy, were they tough. Here's my route:

Hit the road from YIH and headed out to Clementi Road, past the KR Terminal. After that, it was Pasir Panjang Road, which was a relatively quiet stretch, as compared to that along West Coast Highway.
I was deciding whether to explore the Science Park Rd or to continue along the stretch of Pasir Panjang Rd, which will lead me to the now defunct Har Par Villa. Eventually decided to try out Science Park Rd, with all the funny building names there. But I realised that it was approaching a dead end, so I decided to hit a flight of stairs to reach South Buona Vista Rd, which reminded me of the movie Initial D. Why? The endless numbers of winding curves in the forested area eventually led me to the Kent Ridge Park and some houses.
Luckily, it was mainly a downslope stretch. Soon, I managed to see the West Coast Highway and I turned right into Pasir Panjang Rd, passing by Har Par Villa en route back to NUS.
Turning in via KR Hall and Kent Ridge Rd, I must say that the slope there is freaking difficult to conquer! The upslope was terrible and punishing, but managed to overcome it.
Overall, it was a nice route, but I think I should refine it further (on looking at the map) and do a better route next time. Unsure of the distance I covered this time round, but it was great.
Especially with NB Run and AHM looming...
Took a quick shower, and nearly caused Candice, Kossy (now I know he's a she!) and Huiqin to be late for the meeting. Actually, more for Candice lar. 'Cos she's the prez, and prez shouldn't be late...esp for the first meeting.
The meeting went on smoothly, and Liquan reminded me to do a point on the transferring of assets to a bank account, which I left for last. The discussion for the day centered mainly on Cyclohunt, our big event for this Semester. Just wondering what my role would be, route IC maybe?
Lumbong trip, redux, upcoming! ^_^
Current Mood:
SleepyCurrent Music: Penny Tai - Fang Kong Dong
0 Responses to
Something to say?