What defines "Friendship"? What defines "Love"?
I should begin on the premise that friendship cannot be forged without both parties liking each other, should it be looks, character or any other reasons.
Love, Like, Lust. The three Ls which deal with relationships.
It's a known fact that Like precedes a friendship, while Lust might make the Like go further on, and become a relationship. Then where does Love fit in?
It's such a grey area between the 3 Ls. In fact, I doubt there's a clear definition of them, except of the well-known fact that Lust is something 'evil'. Haha.
A quote which I remembered from my Army days was: Man's Looks + Woman's Looks = 100%. The basis of this statement by that person? Look on the streets and watch at the couples who pass you by. It's almost certain that a good-looking guy would end up with an average looking lady, or vice versa.
I've come to see a co-relation of that sort, but many times have I seen couples who defy this simple theory (let's call it the "I-Theory" for now). First, this theory assumes that looks is the predominant factor in a guy choosing a girl (or vice versa); Second, it presumes that other factors do not even get a whiff in a relationship (which is so damn wrong).
Come to think of it, it depends on the person, really. To me, I'd prefer to have someone who I can talk to and relate to. Not necessarily someone cutesy and cuddly (lol!), but someone who's able to "click" with me.
And talking about this, Shuang Hui was telling me that if I were to want to find a girl, I should open my eyes big big (maybe using toothpicks?) and look at the ladies, having 3 or more trips per semester would definitely increase my chances on finding the "right" girl.
Or maybe she's there already? Somewhere...
Or just, I'm pretty blur what my true feelings are for the person(s). I've not really thought much into it, and I guess I'm hesitant when it comes to a relationship. It's not just a trek into the unknown, but you wonder whether she will be able to accept you if you've made the first move in confessing your true feelings for her.
Moreover, what is the minimum amount of time to express your feelings for a girl? Is there a set limit? I myself doubt it, and I can't seem to find an opportune moment to state it. Maybe, a fear of rejection. Maybe, it's just that the person is too nice to you, and you misinterpret her actions to you as that of liking you. And the latter makes the situation worse. Worst come to worst, a friendship that was will just break down.
Oh well, and Shuang Hui, if u're reading this...don't start anything...HAHA.
Current Mood:
In Thought
Current Music: Guang Liang - Tong Hua
0 Responses to
Something to say?