Today was the Mizuno "Heat" Wave Run, as can be seen by the lack of shade and the sun baring on our backs throughout the run.
In fact, I was running facing the sun in the first 5km.
I wasn't really feeling that good today, there was a sense of uneasiness within me that I would blunder and not do a good run, not building upon my NBRR just a week back. Maybe it was the lack of sleep, or maybe the lack of training, which I had missed on Friday due to the rain.
Reached Kovan Hub's MacDonalds very early, at 6.10am, and registered for the run immediately, since the queue was short. Waited for the rest of the sgRunners people, and met up with new faces (as usual!). Oh and I wasn't the youngest runner anymore. There were 2 even younger people (both 19!) who were damn good runners. Sigh. I old liaoz...*lol* The guy is in Ngee Ann Poly, while the lady is in NUS Arts Faculty.
Took some time to intro, meanwhile pysching myself up for the entire event. However, I just did not feel into it...
Didn't even attempt to try to go to the front to start. In fact, I figured that I had spent like 2 minutes walking since the gun started. A mad rush to the front loop, in fact.
It was a hot, sunny day, and my body seemed to be unable to respond to my need for speed. Relax, I told myself. Did a comfortable pace, but pushing it higher as I passed the 2.5km mark. In fact, I was surprised it was even 2.5km already. 5km should be within sight soon.
But I was wrong. Soooo WRONG.
It seemed like a never-ending journey along (Old) Tampines Road. Moreover, there was a lack of uphills and even shade! The run grew mundane, and the only thing which kept me going probably was chasing after someone, cutting in and out.
Ended up I finished the race WITHOUT knowing my time, which was really bad organisation, since almost every run has at least a final clock showing the time you reach back!
And the severe lack of water, was really poor logistics on their side. Which running event would last without water? Luckily, it was just a 10km run, not a 21km or more. If not, I'll certainly not be here typing this blog entry already.
I roughly gauged my timing to be around 50 mins or so, probably faster, probably slower. No real gauge since I had no watch on me. Prolly would get a HRM soon, need to save cash. Or a bike, and that's worse.
Met up with the rest of the sgRunners at the end point, took pictures, relaxed and awaited for the start of the Lucky Draw Contest. As usual, nobody won. After that, we left for makan at the kopitiam, and I went home after that, to collect my AHM Race Pack at Bukit Merah with my parents.
It was raining! What a sharp contrast to barely 2 hours ago. Freakin hot one moment, Freakin wet the next. Best described: Singapore's freaky weather.
After collection of my AHM Race Pack (with another Dri-Fit tshirt!), we headed to Queensway for lunch. My parents and brother went to have lunch at IKEA, whilst I zipped to Queensway to take a look at the shoes which I intended to buy. In fact, I shortlisted 3:
1) Asics DS Trainer X (I want IX!!! *sob*)
2) Mizuno Wave Creation 6
3) Mizuno Aero Wave (It's a racer, prolly less use of it?)
Looking at the above 3 options, guess I should go with the Asics DS Trainer, retails at $140, hoping to get a cheaper price when taz goes down to have a look. Hopefully, can get it at $120. Might consider the Mizuno Wave Creation 6 too, take it on trail running, or at least as a backup shoe.
Who wants Mizuno 20% discount, Adidas 20% discount and New Balance 40% discount, let me know!
Current Mood:
Tired
Posted In:
Runs
.
By Zεηιτħ
0 Responses to
Something to say?