Posted In:
Movies
.
By Zεηιτħ
Was wayyyy late for the meet-up with Marcus. Darned. Was jammed in traffic. Maybe the rain had something to do with it. Or maybe, Singapore has too many cars roaming the streets at certain periods of the day. 

This was the movie which I initially wanted to watch, but did not have time to do so...and finally I can! Well I managed to go home early to rest, since there were no tutorials in the afternoon. Hit the gym in school first before I headed home, with no lunch (but I ain't hungry anyway) and having little more than a piece of duck and 2 tau sah piah for 'dinner'...it DOES help that they were food which I liked!

The movie was rated M18, but I wondered whether the rating was correct, or should it be R21...then again other than showing nipples and breasts and bare-chested dudes with outrageous 6-packs, the artistic style of filming it does not seem to be R21-rated (which I think is for shows with explicit sex scenes...like Basic Instinct?!?) But then again...18 year olds can view girls in (almost) full nude mehs? Hmms. Well this is something I wondered aloud during the course of the show.
Anyway to move on, it's inspiring to guys 'cos you're definitely awed by the 300 men each having 6-packs. Well the production notes stated that the cast had to undergo vigorous gym training to train up those "packs" of theirs. It helps that post-production helped to stencil the abs to make them more clear and defined.
The cinematography was very "Sin City"-like - the colours, topography, forms and even the dramatic sequencing of certain events and fighting scenes helped to increase the 'visual dynamics' of the movie. It was astounding, and the soundtrack accompanying the movie was of equivalent class.
But well, the violence might be something which can be considered to be gory and times, while visually stunning in certain scenes. Dramatic it might seem, but I think the type of gore and bloodshed in this film might tend to put off some of the women from watching the movie.
Felt hungry after the movie, but didn't get anything till I reached home, ate a tau sah piah (remaining 1) and worked on my lab report. *yawn*
Personal goal from henceforth: Gym more, eat less and healthily, achieve those outrageous stenciled 6-packs.

Current Mood:
Hungry
0 Responses to
Something to say?