Just some interesting stuff I've noticed in the Netherlands....maybe if I stay here long enough I will manage to compile an A4 sized paper of all the stuff which are INTERESTINGLY different from Singapore ;)
1) Shops open till 5 or 6pm, unless you are talking about cafes, coffeeshops (aka smoking joints), clubs, AB To Go (something like 7-11/Cheers in SG). Which is kinda sian 'cos u are 'forced' to shop in a certain period of time (and that sucks)
2) Shops aint open on Sundays. 'Nuff said.
3) Open markets on weekends do sell cheap stuff! :)
4) Train tickets can be bought either using credit card, debit card or coins. No cash (WTF?! Who carries 13 Euros in coins???) And in the end I've to keep using notes to break them into smaller notes or coins, and start storing them. As of now I have managed to store 10 Euros plus worth of coins. I've never loved coins as much as now.
5) Trains are on time. So much so that they will either be late and move off on time, or be early and move off earlier than then time prescribed. And no, all the stations do not seem to have the same clock times ('cos I tried setting my watch to Schiphol's clock time and it differed from that in Rotterdam. Netherlands' too big eh?)
6) Bank stuff are all in Dutch. And I am expected to understand what I'm signing. That's uber cool.
7) Smell of weed sucks.
8) Apparently the red-light district in Amsterdam is open almost 24/7. Gosh! Even Geylang's not as powerful as that?!
9) They simply love cycling! (I think Europe is into cycling, somehow. Check out the tourist information on Denmark, Switzerland, and many other countries!) But the interesting point is, although stealing is a crime, stealing bicycles and selling them for a profit (say €10 to €20) by those wiggies ain't a crime by the police. Even though it's like a well-known and open secret!
Lotsa more to go...but it sticks here for now ;)
Current Mood:
Posted In:
Netherlands
.
By Zεηιτħ
0 Responses to
Something to say?